30: Amarga

amarga; bitter

"Hayley. I need a favor," I asked. "Yeah, what's up," she asked unprepared for what I'm about to ask her. "I need you to get the hybrids to break the sire bond. All twelve of them," I asked. "What? Why," she asked. "For information about your parents," I said. I have to admit that I feel really bad about doing this.

24 hours later...

So Elena killed our chance at the cure. Caroline and Tyler are ending things so now she's got me delivering his clothes and other items to his house like she can't face the bitch herself. Yay!

I rang the doorbell holding a box full of his things with Caroline waiting in the car. Tyler opened it and I bombarded him with the box to get inside of the house. "Here's your stuff--"

"Cam, this isn't a good time," Tyler interrupted. "Just take it," I whined. He took it and set it on the table near the door. "Princess. By the break-up drama unfolding before me, I assume Caroline met Hayley," Klaus said and I nodded.

"Caroline," I yelled. She came up to the door with an attitude. I pushed her to stand next to Tyler and she kicked me. "All right, come on, let's go. Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere," Klaus called to his hybrids. "For what," Tyler asked. "I think you've got more important things to deal with, mate," Klaus grabbed my hand and we followed the hybrid out of the house.

"So. Did you find the sword? Not that it will be any useful since Elena killed the hunter," I asked. It was my job to distract Klaus as the three back in the house just played the scene of their lives. Caroline and Tyler were not actually having break-up drama. They were helping Hayley with my favor though they didn't know that it was me behind it.

"Not so loud," Klaus said casually. We got into one of his cars and they drove us to Elena's house. "Why are we here," I asked. "Elena killed a hunter. She should be hallucinating or she already is. It would be such as shame if she were to die by her own hand before we find the cure," Klaus said. He left the car and walked across the street to Elena's house, me following behind him.

"This would be a lot more civilized if I was just invited inside," Klaus said as Stefan answered the door and they walked out to the driveway. "Bad enough I'm out here talking to you. What do you know," Stefan asked. I went inside the house to see Damon and Elena.

"Don't eavesdrop. It's rude," I said as I saw Damon focused. "Long time no see. How's marriage doing you," Damon said. "On the contrary. How's sharing a girl you've already been with doing you," I teased. "Shut Up," was all he could muster. Elena came running down the stairs and her heartbeat was booming. Damon stepped close to her but she ran outside.

I followed her as Damon followed me. I didn't even blink twice when Klaus sped me away.

When we got to his house he threw me on the couch then locked Elena in the room with no windows. When he came back I glared at him. "Why do you have to be so rough," I huffed.

He just laughed. "Ya know I don't like you," I pouted. "And why is that, princess," he said slightly amused. "Well... because... You went to Italy and didn't bring me anything right after we-- I did that thing," I started after bold and ended off shyly. I was making this stuff up just as I go.

Klaus left without another word and came back a minute later. "C'mon," Klaus held his hand out to me. I looked at him curiously and took his hand. He sped me somewhere and he covered my eyes so now my senses were going overboard. The smells, the sounds, feelings. I couldn't really feel anything with his hands on my waist distracting me.

When he stopped it took me a second to recollect myself and look around. We were in the woods, perfect view of the stars and the little town. Klaus let go of my waist and I turned to him but saw a picnic blanket, white roses, wine, and cheese. My lips parted a little and I blushed.

"What am I going to do with you," I mumbled with a cheesy smile. "Anything you want. Come on," Klaus pulled me down on the blanket. I landed on his lap and kissed him. When I dipped back to pull away I took a piece of cheese and put it in his mouth before he could protest or try to stop me. He was faster than me and trapped my thumb in his mouth.

I watched his eyes as he flicked his tongue around my thumb then bit it. I hissed and snatched it out while he was smirking. "Eat your cheese, not my finger," I smiled. I turned and looked at the glasses and wine carefully. "No apple juice this time," I asked suspiciously. "No. Grape Juice," he joked and reached over to grab the wine pouring them into glasses.

Klaus handed me one of them and I rolled my eyes at him. He tilted his head and smirked encouraging me to drink up. "So you get a girl drunk in the woods. What happens next? Murder," I asked. Oddly this was my first time drinking wine so when I tasted it my face scrunched.

"Bitter," Klaus laughed. Instead of savoring the bitter taste I just chugged it. I don't think that helped. Klaus laughed at me again and pulled me closer to him as we watched the sky. Just as this happened, I got a text message from Caroline to ask Klaus to release Elena. "They want you to release Elena," I said, putting my phone to the side without replying to Caroline.

"It's for her own good. If it weren't for me she'd take her own life already," Klaus said. "Is that what happened when you went through it," I asked. "The difference is, I can't die. Over 52 years of constant torture. I never knew how to stop it," Klaus said bitterly.

I got another text message from Caroline but this one forced me off of Klaus's lap in concern. "Shit," I cursed. "What is it," Klaus asked. I looked at him with fear and worry in my eyes. "What is it," he demanded and he stood up. I stood up also attempting to calm him down. "Stefan broke Elena out but he lost her," I grabbed him before he could speed away. "But they figured out how to stop the hallucinations..."

<~>

Instead of going for Elena, he went for the hybrid that allowed them to take her. That was a big problem for me since I needed all twelve of those hybrids alive. They had to die altogether.

A/N: Took me a while to remember that I left yall on a cliffhanger. My bad. Make sure you VOTE!!!

1195 words.