49: Homens sombrios

homens sombrios; shady men

"I died. And at first, I was alone but then I heard them, voices whispering to me," Davina explained. "The ancestors," I asked and she nodded. She just came back from the dead last night. The infamous siblings were in the cemetery sorting out their problems. I had nothing left to do except soothe the friend I once cried over.

"They're so angry with me. I used my power against my own, and they said they'd do horrible things to me if I misuse my magic again," she cried. "Well, know that I'm here I'll misuse magic for you. So it's not your fault, it's mine. Trust me. I've been in a similar situation before. Before I came to New Orleans, I dealt with a bad woman, sexy, but she was bad. It cost me one of my friend's lives. Now, I never told my other friends. I felt so guilty that I left and it cost me a relationship. Most of my friends still don't know to this day. Moral of the story is don't trust sexy women," I nodded looking back on my life. I saw a small smile on Davina's face.

"How do I even know who to trust? Should I trust Marcel? The first thing he did when I came back was trying to use me again to help Rebekah. Be honest, Cam, isn't there something you want, too?

"No. I think you shouldn't trust anybody until they deem themselves trustworthy. But regardless, I want to help you."

"What can you do?! When I came back, the voices I heard said that the only ones who could help me were the witches, but after what I did to them, they hated me. So how can I go back and ask for their help now," Davina yelled.

"First of all, Davina, don't raise your voice at me. Second of all, that's a damn lie. You don't need anybody. Third of all, I feel you. It's hard for me to ask for help, too. And if witches are the only ones that can help you then you can receive help from a fellow witch: me."

"How can you help?"

"Well, those voices, do you still hear?" she nodded. "Summon all that sorrow and regret fullness and turn it into power. It helps best if you yell. It helped me when I stranggled something," I shrugged.

"If I screamed--"

"It'd be a huge stress relief."

"I'd knock down a building."

"And I got knocked up by a Mikaelson. What's your point," I saw Davina laugh a little. My plan was gradually working.

Davina and I kept talking until she eventually fell asleep. I got a total of 5 laughs and a giggle from her. I'm feeling accomplished. "How's she doing," Marcel asked. "Depressed and young. What are you thinking of doing," I shrugged? "Giving to her peo--"

"Blah. Blah. Blah. I can't hear you," I ran out of the room. I was not going to be a part of that. Can't be a part of it if I can't hear it.

I took a nice slow walk home. Enjoying the breeze and the view. I had nowhere else to be. Hopefully, nobody thinks of kidnapping me on the way there. I really wanted to sleep in my bed tonight.

By the time I got to the compound, I had picked up a beignet or two. These almost taste like funnel cake. I walked in on Elijah throwing Marcle against the wall. I lay this body flying past me then kept walking. Not my business. Not my business.

I headed to the stairs and went upstairs towards my room. I heard Elijah give his little announcement basically kicking everybody out of the compound and exiling Marcel. I saw Klaus watching the scene below him. I went up to him and slapped him right on the back of his head. I heard him groan as I kept walking. "I'm always right, Nikky," I stated.

<~>1<~>month<~>later<~>

"Klaus," I moaned as he kissed my neck so hungrily. He hummed in response. "Klaus. Stop," I whined. He hummed again. "We're supposed to be painting," I said, pulling his head away from mine. His eyes were dark and he licked his lips that were pink and puffy. "I'm trying to make amends," he said, gripping my waist.