51: Confiar

confiar; trust

Some would call it disobedient but, I would call it payback, or revenge. So furthermore I was in the Bayou again. But, this time it was for a perfectly good reason. A check-up because of the false contractions I've been having.

"That's it. Inhale and release," Eve instructed. "I guess this means so epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? You know the place with the doctors and the drugs," I suggested. "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop worrying," Eve said and I groaned.

"Okay. Then what, Eve. I don't even know what it's like to be a mother, I barely knew what it was like to fully have one," I said. "Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do," Eve reassured. "I hope so. As fun as it is to imagine Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing that alone," I said.

"I somehow doubt that."

"I mean, think about it. Klau changing diapers. I'm not doing it especially if it's number two. So the real question is are you up for the job," we both laughed until Elijah appeared at the door. He requested Jackson, Olver, and Hayley so we told him where to find them. I was surprised he wasn't going to drag my ass back to the compound.

Moments later we heard a bomb go off and we took cover. After we were sure it passed we exited the cabin and saw the damage. Some people were injured so I went around and helped them. Hayley came up to me to help me. She helped Elijah take people to safety and get them to a hospital or some time of help.

"I'm fine," I reassured the both of them before getting back to it. Next thing I know Olver was throwing a hissy fit. "...I mean, why bother when you can just compel some poor son of a bitch to do it for you? I say we hit them back hard," Olver said and Hayley held him back. "This was not the vampires. They truly wouldn't stoop this low. But if it were, I'm pretty sure I know who gave the order," I claimed. I was going to Marcel's place. I took Elijah's fancy car and ignored the multiple calls I kept getting from him. Once I got near the place I called Klaus. "Klaus, where are you," I asked. "I'm in a bit of a situation here, Luv," He responded clearly distracted due to him calling me Luv.

"Somebody sent a suicide bomber out to the Bayou this morning--"

"What? Where are you," he asked urgently. "I'm in the city, now. I'm fine. I figured an attack like that would've been Marcel. He must've not known I was there, also. Anyway, I thought you might like to help kick his ass for trying to blow us to kingdom come," I said over the phone.

"I assure you, once I am finished here, you will have my undivided attention. In the meantime, please. Stay out of trouble," Klaus said. I didn't like that he was putting me second but I wasn't going to act like some spoiled brat. "Alrighty," I hung up the phone.

I headed into the rustic building. I didn't even knock when entering his floor. "Come on in. Have a seat. I'd offer you a drink, but--"

"Sweet pad," I complimented. "Oh, it's just temporary. Friend hooked me up. Believe it or not, I still got a few of those kicking around," He said going to get more to drink. "Like my brother. His scent is basically imbued here," I said. "I need friends to keep me informed. To warn me when someone is coming looking to blame me for things I didn't do. For the record, you didn't have to work Diego like that. You and I are long overdue for a chat," Marcel smiled.

"You wanna talk, talk," I said. "Tough girl. You're a lot like your mom in that way. Oh, yeah. I knew her. I knew your whole family. In fact, if you knew them as I did, you'd know just how many enemies they have. Back in the nineties, it was your mom's coven and your dad who took over the city. He and Hayley's dad. They both lived to throw down and they were good at it, too. They didn't care who they killed as long as they got more power. Fought for a good cause though," he shrugged.

"So you killed them and put a curse on the remaining pack. How heroic," I sassed. "Hmm, wrong. I put the curse on the Crescent pack. The Moonstone pack divided. They and the witches teamed up to destroy the vampires, and had children of both species, like yourself. Couldn't have that, now could I. Eventually, they just died off. I didn't kill them all. See, I have this thing about kids."

"So I've heard."

"Oh, you did more than hear about it, Cameron. You're living proof."

"So I've heard."

"Hehehe. Gotta get on your brother about sharing information like that."

"Do you know who killed my parents, or was it you," I asked. "Somebody on the inside turned on your parents from both the wolves and the witches and ended up taking Hayley's parents too. I got there afterward. Found you and your brother outside the house. You were asleep and he was caring for you. Kept you around for a bit then I sent you off and kept Carlos. I couldn't have someone as young as you were running around with a bunch of vengeful vampires," Marcel said.

"And why should I believe you," I asked. "Believe whoever you want. I could've kept you for leverage but instead, I took you to a friend in Mystic Falls. I know that place was crawling with supernaturals. Thought it was the best place for someone of your power to blend in and make friends. Seems you did a good job of that, too," He reached behind the couch and gave me a duffle bag. "What's that," I asked.

"Money, and other stuff. Enough to get you somewhere safe. I'm not your guy but the way things are going, eventually, I might have to be," Marcel threatened. "Is that a threat," I chuckled. "So this is your grand plan. Get me out of town, and Klaus and Elijah follow closely behind," I asked.

"I couldn't say that wouldn't be a positive effect."

"So why don't you leave, follow your own advice."

"I was born here, Cameron," he said. "A lot of people were," I got up to leave. "The guy on the bike, the bomber. Word is, he had a gambling problem and owed money to the casinos. More importantly, to the humans who run them, and, Cameron, when things get bad, remember, I tried to get you clear of it... again."

"Duly noted, Marcellus."

By the time I got back to the Bayou, I was informed that another attack and Eve were injured. I visited her before Elijah warned me about them wanting vengeance. After that, I went home with a load of regret and guilt on my shoulders.

1204 words