This is a memorial.

"Please tell me that's the last one," Caroline asked as Stefan tore bullets out of Tyler's bloody chest. "These were specially carved. The length, the width. If you were a normal vampire you would be dead," Stefan said examining the bullet.

"This guy knew what he was doing. His gloves must have been steeped in vervain. He was looking for a vampire and he didn't hesitate for a second when he found one," Tyler said, "These etchings..." Stefan went to touch one of the bullents and it burned him.

"Are the bullents spelled," Caroline asked. I went up and grabbed a bullet. I was the only non-vampire in the room. "I don't know. They're something," I observed.

<~>

The next day at the memorial for the twelve counsel members that died in the fire. I wore a white flowy dress. Since it wasn't a funeral I didn't have to wear black though that wouldn't be bad.

I was helping Matt set up and Elena was talking to April

I was helping Matt set up and Elena was talking to April. But seconds later she just ran out on us. Then I received a call from her.

"Cam. Hey, um, can you help me in the restroom," she panicked. "If this is some girl stuff, I'll politely pass-"

"Cameron," she said, voice shaking. "Fine," I said shortly. I dropped everything that was in my hand and went to the restroom. When I got there she was on the phone with Damon. I locked the door behind me, eyes widened in shock.

There was blood everywhere. The sink, toilet, her dress. "Why are you throwing up blood," I asked. "I don't know. Damon's coming with blood bags and a dress. Help me clean," Elena said worriedly.

Soon somebody started jiggling the door knob. "Damon, are you at the door," Elena asked. Soon the person knocked on the door. "I'm sorry, there's someone in here," I said and we went back to cleaning.

"Rule number one of getting blood out: soak in cold water immediately after spill or leak," I nodded. Elena opened the door and took the dress from Damon who just showed up.

"Sorry, I spilled coffee all over my dress," she told the stranger outside. I slipped through the door and gave her a smile for good luck. I looked at the stranger who was looking at me strangely. I winked and turned to Damon.

"We have not met. I'm Connor. Jordan," Connor held his hand out to shake. "Damon. Germaphobe," Damon declined then Connor turned to me. I kindly shook his hand and smiled, keeping eye contact. "Valeria. Need to know basis," I lied.

"Everything's okay in there," Damon asked. "Yeah. Just a minute," Elena yelled. I smiled lightly and left Damon with the hunter guy.

Moments later the ceremony started and everybody took their seats. I sat in the very back behind Tyler and Caroline.

"Before we begin the mass, we'd like to open the floor to anyone who would like to share a memory about our late friends on the town council. I know that April Young wanted to say a few words about her dad. April? April? Are you still here, honey? Is there anyone else who would like to share a recollecting memory about Pastor Young," Carol said on the stage.

The room silenced until Elena took a stand. "Come on up, Elena," Carol said. Elena slowly walked up there as Damon walked in and took a seat next to Stefan.

"When I talked to April earlier, she was kind of neevous about coming up to speak, and... now that I'm up here I'm kind of nervous, too. The worst day of lovjg someone is the say that you lose them..."

"Do you smell that," Caroline whispered. "Blood," I whispered back. As soon as I said that Elena started sweating. "Nobody moves. Don't turn around. It's a trap," Damon whispered. I started sniffling in a laugh.

"You telling me not to turn around makes me want to turn around," I smiled. "Don't," Stefan said sternly. "How funny would it be-"

"Cam," Caroline said. Stefan rushed up the aisle to get Elena and bring her back to her seat. The audience stood preparing for a song. Everybody supernatural could hear Stefan and Elena's conversation about the blood over the music.

"I'm going to rip his head off now," Damon was about to turn. "Me too," I said happily. "You can't. You do that, Damon, and you risk exposing all of us," Stefan said. "Well, I think the risk will be slightly diminished when we, you know, rip his head off," Damon said. "Please," I asked.

"You have ten seconds before I go old-fashioned on the new guy," Damon said. "Don't do it, Damon. Please," Stefan begged. "3, 2, 1, bye," Damon said quickly.

"Wait, wait, wait, Elena. Feed from me," Matt suggested and everybody turned their head slightly towards him. Elena drank from Matt pretending to be grieving.

Tyler slid his way up the stage and interrupted the music. "Excuse me. I just wanted to say a few words about Pastor Young. Back in first grade, I was abrat who couldnt be bothered with team sports. Didn't care much about anything that didn't affect me . But he was the ine whi made me understand how important it is to be part of a team; a community. Of giving yourself up for the sake of-"
Tyler was shot.

The way he fell was absolutely the funniest thing I have ever seen. Everybody ducked and ran while Caroline and the rest of us ran to Tyler.

Caroline quickly pulled the carefully carved stake out of his chest and he snapped up grunting and groaning. "I'm going to kill that bastard," Tyler said. "Not before he kills you," I laughed. "Damon's way ahead of you. Stat here, I have to help him," Stefan said as he left and I went with him.

"Damon," Stefan called out. We heard swerving tires and saw Damon on his back groaning. "Ow," Damon said. Steafn helped him up only to punch him back down again.

I left them so that they could talk out their feelings. Probably not.

<~>

Later that night Stefan had asked us to meet at the school.

"Stefan. What are we doing," Damon asked as he walked up to the benches with Bonnie. "We're finishing the memorial we didn't get to have earlier. We need to start healing, Damon. We've all lost so much especially recently. I think we're numb to it. We push it away, we make a joke out of it, ignore how we feel. I think we just need to let ourselves grieve...Some more than others," Stefan said looking at me.

He was right but I know that there's more deaths to come. So why try to feel them now. We're barely halfway there.

"So, you're lighting lanterns," Damon asked with a smug smile. "Yeah, yeah. We need to do this," Stefan said fiddling with the ends of a lantern. "What we need to do is find out who this hunter is and what he knows about the death of the council. We have more important things tk be doing right now than this," Damon argued. Damon was right also.

"Not tonight, we don't... This is for my Uncle Zach. My friend Lexi. For Alaric," Steafn lit the end of his lantern and passed the lighter to Matt. "This is for Vickie," Matt said then passed it to Caroline.

Caroline stood and walked over to him taking the lighter. "This is for my dad. And Tyler's," Caroline said then passed it to Jeremy. "This is for our parents, for Vickie... Anna, Jenna, and Alaric," Jeremy passed the lighter to me. I hesitated but took it.

"This is for... my parents, Caroline's dad, Alaric, and all past failed relationships," I pursed my lips as it reminded me of Klaus. I passed the lighter to Damon but he declined. "No way. I'm not doing that," Damon left so I passed it to Bonnie.

"This is for my grams," Bonnie said. Elena was up next and I knew this was going to take hours. "This, um... is for my mom, my dad, and... Jenna. Everyone that we've all lost; everyone that this town had lost. And for me. I guess," Elena said letting a single tear fall down her face. And we all let the lanterns go one by one.

A/N: Pointless chapter... I know. LMFAO! Yo! Tell me why we almost at 10k. Y'all go find something good to read. For example I recommend; White blood, Ophelia, Desolate, Original Queen, etc.

Please correct me in the comments for grammar and punctuation. I do not proofread so that would be much help.

Not me being humble asf. 😚

1460 words.