Perfect Plan

A/N:
Hi, lovelies ❤️ I'm really sorry that the update is slow these days.

Work life is messy currently, but as best selling author Yoon Se Ri told us in the last chapter, it's good to have a writing habit. So I try to add few sentences each day. I'm already delving into the next chapter, so hopefully it'll come out sooner.

Thank you for reading, thank you for all votes and encouraging comments! You keep me going 😘

Xoxo,
seriesfreak

***

Ri Jeong Hyeok

When I left Seoul nearly a week ago, my sole intention was to have a better time than the ones I spent in Bali and Sydney. No longer haunted by question of where did I go wrong with Seo Dan, I figured the only challenge was to win the wager with Pyo Chi Su.

And although technically I've lost that, to spend the day with the sleeping beauty yesterday was already a feat for me. To have her opening herself to me like that - and to hear that the attraction was mutual - put the day as the highlight of my trip. To hear her request was the BOMB.

At first, I thought she pranked me. What happened with 'Not today'? Asking me to take her with me for the rest of her vacation was the furthest definition of 'Not today' in my book. I only stared at her blankly not giving her any response. I was seriously confused. That was mixed signal at its best.

She observed me and my expression. And sighed. But didn't say anything.

Actually, we didn't talk on the way to the ferry terminal, or on the cruise back to Auckland but we definitely needed to talk about it. It's not that I didn't like the idea per se, I just had my reservation. She wasn't the only one going through a heartbreak you know, although in her defense she didn't know about that.

I led the way once we arrived at the Downtown Ferry Terminal back in Auckland. The silence was uncomfortable unlike how it was between us before.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked her gently. "I'm okay with whatever. I'm not too hungry." was her only response. We chose Vietnamese restaurant at Britomart called Cafe Hanoi. The atmosphere was calm and intimate and it calmed me down somehow. We ordered Vietnam signature dish Pho Bo.

I just realized, by the way, that most of our talks happened while waiting for our food. Seeing her fidgeting on her seat, I didn't think she was too keen on talking about her request.

"So... what you said earlier..." I didn't need to continue, we both knew what I meant.

"I know, that sounds crazy, right? It already sounds super crazy in my head, but when I said it out loud... it seems way more crazy." Okay, so... she's also confused. Or crazy.

"You don't think it's contrary to what you said this afternoon?" I prodded her. She looked at me confused as if asking: this afternoon?

"That you can't give me today."

"Ah, well, when you put it that way. I don't think about that honestly." She laughed awkwardly. I wanted to laugh too. She wasn't given me mixed signal. She probably as confuse as I was.

"What did you think about?" At that question, she flushed. I could see it in her face, she considered getting herself out of this by giving me meaningless answer. She deflected from answering my questions a few times already since we met.

So I told her my story, to give her a backstory on why I had my reservation and not jumping up and down hearing her request despite my attraction to her. "Because you told your story, I will tell you mine, the shorten version." I started. That picked up her interest.