Meet the Parents

A/N:

Hi, lovelies ❤️❤️

Initially I put Milestones and Meet the Parents as one chapter, but there's more story that they want to tell than I first imagine and then the story goes longer and longer. To keep the focus, I decide to divide the story into two parts. So, here's the second part still in Se Ri POV.

Mature content towards the end of the chapter, read on your own discretion ⚠️😎⚠️

We're really really close to the end - I've started writing the ending! - pending any major change, this story probably will end on Chapter 25 which means we have about 3 chapters more 🤧

Thank you for all the love for Heartbreak Journey 💔, 10k more read in about 3 weeks is nothing I would've imagined. Vote and comment if you would!

til next!
xoxo,
seriesfreak

***

Yoon Se Ri

Like every woman in this universe, I love surprise. And thankfully, I have a boyfriend that loves giving me surprise. I always get this rush of pleasure whenever he makes effort to do the unexpected. Just the little things. But this one, this is definitely a big one. Even though I haven't fully grasp the whole picture.

I glance at him sitting beside me answering the flight attendant about what drinks we want. Once the flight attendant tends to other passengers, I start my line of questioning.

"Why are you here? I don't understand."

"Surprise.."

"You said you'd have lecture tomorrow."

"I am. In Jeju. At my father's university."

What?

"How? I mean... how can it be precisely on the duration of this vacation?"

"Because I arrange this vacation for you. For us."

"What?"

"Can you stop with the 'what'?" He smirks.

"I haven't use the 'what'! I'm just... I don't expect this. You."

"About a month ago, my father told me about his request for a guest lecturer, but he couldn't ask for me specifically. I just hoped the director would offer me, which he did. I thought this could be a golden opportunity to sneak off with you for a little down time. So I contacted Min Ah. I wanted this to be surprise." I shake my head still not believing any of this.

"So, you're plotting this with Min Ah?" He nods. "This plan is going nowhere if I don't tell Min Ah. I still can't believe that she's on board though. What with your upcoming launch and all the promotion event."

"She said I needed some rest. I can't believe that girl. How come she lied straight to my face."

"She said this is the most romantic gesture anyone ever made for you. That's why she gladly choose to be in this plan." I melt. My boyfriend and my best friend got together to bring this elaborated plan for me.

Min Ah is right. This is the most romantic anything anyone has ever given me.

I cup his cheeks in a loving gesture then lean in for a kiss. Then I shake my head again.

"I still can't believe how you pull this off." He smiles smugly. "I can be... romantic if I want to." I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

"You even recreated how we met."