Last Time

Ri Jeong Hyeok

Someone says that sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same. Why? Because often, the right thing is the opposite of popular belief and you have a whole village against you. That's why it's hard.

What's the hardest thing you've ever done? I could think some from my medical cases, but let's not get too technical. Accepting Dani decision? That's hard, yes. Seeing Dani get married? That too, but there's that silver lining of getting closure, so I think it's even.

But there's nothing. And I mean nothing. Nothing beats walking away from a very inviting Yoon Se Ri. I still sigh every time I remember that night at Fernland Spa.

You know, that night, the tension that has been built up from several days of making out was on all-time high. There's nothing I wanted more than being with her. All the way. She was not hiding that she wanted that too. But we were threading a very thin line and I never wanted her to regret anything that happened between us.

I knew she was feeling emotional with our looming separation and she might think that engaging me to alleviate the tension between us was like a gift. For whom I was not so sure. But that exactly what felt like to me. A goodbye present. To say I didn't like it was probably an understatement.

If ever, I got the chance to make Yoon Se Ri mine, in every sense of the way, I sure as hell didn't want our first time to be some sort of goodbye. But I knew I couldn't stay away from her, despite my reservation and my own idealism. I needed her close. Our time was winding down and spending it not with each other was just unacceptable.

The second I entered the cabin, she launched herself at me. That night was the furthest I let us going. Clothes scattered, lips connected, moans echoed, bodies touched. Everywhere. My whole body screamed to take her. Except my mind. Stupid, stupid mind. Noble one at that.

When I stopped her hand from touching my hardened member, then stopped my ministration on her body, she opened her eyes. And as it often happened with us, even one noble intention could lead to another misunderstanding. I probably should not wait until the situation almost got out of hand to stop.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi?" She asked me, question in her eyes. "Yoon Se Ri." I didn't utter any other word. Hurt flashed on her face and I took blame for that. "Why? Don't you want this?"

"I want this. I want you. God, how I want you. Don't ever think the opposite." I took her scattered clothes and put it on her. "Come here. Let me hold you."

I could see she held back her tears but she still came to my embrace. "I don't understand." Her small voice really punched me in the gut. And I understood. After everything she's been through, things like this always made her insecurities coming out front.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't let this out of control. I shouldn't... be here. Probably. But I can't not be with you tonight. I need you. Closer. Within my sight.

"Let me ask you this, Se Ri-ah, what do you think will happen to us?" She was still silent in my arms not answering. "Do you think we'll meet again in the future?"

She looked at my face at this question. And broke her silence.

"Does anyone know about that? I mean... no one knows what the future hold. Isn't that a very good reason to be in the moment?" Of all the things that attracted me to Yoon Se Ri, her sharp mind was such a huge turn on.

"Yeah. But I prefer the moment lasting more than two days." She glanced at me but didn't say anything. So I continued.

"I feel like this is some farewell gift. For you. For me. I don't know." I drew myself from the embrace and touched her cheeks displaying my affection.