9

TW: Mentions of panic attack, homophobia, relapse, and very mean words

...

The boys have all been dating for a few weeks and everything was going well. They all managed to spend quite a lot of time with each other. Most often they were either in the gallery or back at Akaashis apartment. Most days they were together it was becoming odd for them not to be together. Kenma began eating more and sleeping more nights. They convinced him with a mini paint set so he could paint whenever he'd like even if it was at home.

Bokuto was currently in the gym his team had just finished practice and were getting ready to go. Bokuto was excited to head home. He knew Kuroo would be there and they would make dinner for all of them to eat together. Every day he felt so happy to be with his boyfriends.

Bokuto was waving bye to everyone as they were leaving the locker room. He grabbed his phone and nearly dropped it when he saw the first message on the screen.

From Father:

Hello,
There are a few things I would like to discuss with you.
I presume you can make it?

The text made Bokuto want to throw up. His lip began to hurt from being bitten into. Why, just why did this man have to text him. He hasn't even talked to him or reached out at all in over five years. What could he possibly want with him?

It wasn't that his father was the worst person on the planet but in no way was he the best. After Bokuto had come out as gay his father never even looked at him again. They were rarely at home together. It was basically Bokuto living by himself except for the occasional appearance from his father. Bokuto didn't mind being alone it just allowed him to do whatever he liked. So he did he invited all sorts of people over who wouldn't leave till the next day. He found his way to alcohol and drank when he didn't have company over for the night. It took a while but eventually after meeting Kuroo fewer people started coming over and he began working towards being sober.

All of that had happened years ago and since then Bokuto hasn't laid his hand on a bottle. It didn't bother him when others drank but he still tried his best to stay away from it all. Honestly, he was doing really good. That was until he got the unexpected text from his father.

What did he even have to talk about? Bokuto was trying to wrap his head around why the man was suddenly so interested in meeting up with him. Bokuto tried to ignore it. He pushed the text to the back of his head and walked home to go be with his loving partners.

...

Bokuto tried to forget the message. He attempted to simply forget it was ever sent and that his father even existed. Bokuto spent more time training, he thought that if he was working out he could keep his focus on that instead of the voices in his head. All the slurs and degrading terms his father had called him.

With every spike a new word a new memory he tried to spike away.

Slut

Smack

Disgrace

Smack

Whore

Smack

Faggot

Smack

The voices, the memories, the words they all continued to stab at his mind. He wanted the voice of his father to leave his head. All he wanted was for a minute of quiet away from the painful thoughts that made him feel like a shame to the world. He couldn't get them to shut up they kept jabbing at him probing him pestering him not leaving for even a moment.