25

Kenma woke up in the middle of the night, still curled up in Bokuto's arms. The moon shone through the hospital curtains letting Kenma see Bokuto's face a little better. Kenma lightly touched his boyfriend's face.

Bokuto's skin was warm against Kenmas cold hands. He was beautiful, and Kenma loved the feeling of being wrapped in his safe arms. Still, that unsettling feeling of loss was in Kenmas mind plaguing his thoughts. Kenma never wanted to see Bokuto or any of his boyfriends in the hospital. Hospitals never meant anything good and Kenma knew that.

Even if Bokuto only had a sprain, Kenma was going to have this feeling in his heart until Bokuto was completely better. Maybe even a little after that.

Kenma wrapped his arms around the bigger man's torso, squishing him just a little tighter. Well, maybe way tighter, but that isn't the point. Kenma brought his lips to the others cheek, placing a soft kiss on it. 

"I love you, Bo."

Kenma whispered not wanting to wake up anyone else in the room. Kenma nuzzled his face into the crook of Bokuto's neck and closed his eyes, ready to return to his sleep. Before falling asleep once again, Bokuto's grip tightened around his smaller body, pulling them closer together. Kenma smiled, knowing even in his sleep Bokuto proved time and time again that he loved Kenma.

Kenma drifted back off to sleep in his lover's arms.

...

"Alrighty Bokubabe, time to get you home!" Kuroo said, helping Bokuto off of his hospital bed and onto the crutches.

"Never call him that again." Kenma expressed, giving both boys a look of disgust.

"Awe but Kenken he's my Kurobabe," Bokuto whined. Both he and Kuroo were laughing while Kenma stood still, disturbed by their new nicknames. Kenma wasn't sure if Bokubro or Bokubabe was worse. On second thought, they were both terrible, and they should just call each other by their name.

"Kenma, sweetheart, kitten, my grouchy baby. Why so grumpy?" Kuroo walked over and squished Kenmas cheeks causing his grumpy expression to look funny.

"I'm not grumpy Kuro," Kenma said with his words slurred due to Kuroo still holding his cheeks.

"Your face says otherwise," Kuroo points out.

Kenma pouts and ultimately decides not to respond to what the other was saying.

Akaashi walked back into the room and observed everything going on.  Kenma looking like a pufferfish from his cheeks being squished. Kuroo being the one to make the younger look that way. Then both boys ignoring Bokuto who was busy trying to balance on one leg without his crutches.

"We're free to go." He said, watching everything play out in front of him. They were mostly concerned that they would have to stay longer after Bokuto accidentally falls from no one watching him.

Everything turned out ok though. They made it out of the hospital and back home safe and sound.

...

Each person had certain jobs to ensure that Bokuto had no opportunities to injure himself worse than he already was. That included making sure he was laying down at all possible times, helping him take a shower, keeping him company while he was missing out on practice. All three of them did their best to keep Bokuto off his feet and happy while his ankle was healing.

It was going alright too. Thankfully, Kenma had a career where he could stay home and keep watch of Bokuto, and Kuroo was able to help him to and from his classes. Akaashi enjoyed his task the most.

Akaashi was, given (blessed) the task to help Bokuto out with washing up. It seemed slightly awkward at first but it turned out to be a lot of fun.

"Bo, can you lean your head back a little more?" Akaashi was currently sitting and washing Bokuto's hair.

"Kashi, you know you don't need to wash my hair." Yes, as a matter of fact, Akaashi did know that. Still, he enjoyed it way more than he would let any of them know.

It was painfully cute watching Bokuto play with the water in his bath. And the little smile on his face as Akaashi massaged the shampoo into his hair could give Akaashi a heart attack. So yes, Akaashi knew he didn't need to wash Bokuto's hair, but he was going to do it either way.

"I know, but I don't mind it." Bokuto nodded in response and continued to play with the water. Letting drops of water fall from his finger and making ripples in the larger pool of water.

"Kashi Kashi, I love you."

Akaashi's face turned pink for reasons beyond just the steam in the bathroom. "I love you too Bo."

Taking care of Bokuto was a lot of fun for all of the boys involved. Even though the boy was hurt, they made sure to give him all the attention in the world to distract him from the things he missed out on while injured. Thankfully, the sprain wasn't that serious. And, before too long Bokuto was capable of doing things on his own again.

The other boys still made sure to treat him like he was the most precious thing in the world, even without being injured.