10

TW: Some more homophobia because we all love that, and some rather rude slurs. Enjoy :D

...

Bokuto was standing in front of the mirror. He had just finished getting ready for going out and meeting his father. They agreed on the location and Bokuto was ready to go. Actually in no way was he ready but that wasn't the point. He was ready to get this over with and then never see his father again.

All four of them were going to go but they decided it would be best if only one accompanied Bokuto inside. The one that would join him would be Akaashi. He was charming and level-headed. Kuroo and Kenma would wait at the park that was across the street. This seemed like the best choice for all of them.

Bokuto didn't wear anything fancy but he did want to look nice. He looked in the mirror and finished styling his hair. While looking in the mirror he took a deep breath in and slowly released it. "You can do this" he whispered to himself. With his little boost of self-confidence, he walked into the living room where his other boyfriends were waiting.

Akaashi held his hand out and Bokuto gratefully grabbed it interlocking their fingers. "You'll be ok. Just remember I'll be there the whole time." Akaashi spoke. Bokuto nodded in response, holding a little tighter on Akaashis hand.

"Not only that me and Kenma will be right outside," Kuroo said with a bright smile.

"Thank you, guys. I think I'm ready to go."

Kenma grabbed onto Bokutos other hand and they all made their way to the coffee shop they were going to be meeting at. The location was surprisingly close. Which depending on the situation was a good or bad thing. For Bokuto every step they kept walking just felt like another weight added to his already heavy pile of anxiety.

Both Kenma and Akaashi held onto his hands tight rubbing their thumb in a comforting manner and occasionally raising it to kiss the back of his hand. The motions were cute and helped ease the older boy's nerves a bit.

Finally, the walk was over and they all stood out front of a rather modern-looking coffee shop. This didn't surprise Bokuto much though. His father was a modern person and had no sense of comfort.

Slowly Kenma released his hand from his boyfriends and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. "We'll be here when you're done. I love you, it'll be ok."

Bokutos cheeks blushed a bit from the words of his smaller cat-like boyfriend. He leaned down a bit and kissed him on the forehead, "Thank you, I love you too." Kenma blushed and went back to slightly hide behind Kuroo.

Bokuto and Akaashi walked inside the building and immediately Bokuto recognized his father. Who he didn't recognize though was the lady that sat beside him. She seemed to be about his age and had a very expressive appearance to her. Someone who wears their heart on their sleeve.

When Akaashi and Bokuto got to the table she stood up ready to introduce herself. She reached her hand out to Bokuto "Hello! You must be Bokuto right? My name is Aimi, I'm so glad we could meet."

To be polite Bokuto reached out shaking her hand in return. It was definitely a surprise to see his father with such a bright person but at the same time, he couldn't trust her. After years Bokuto knew too well what his father was like and frankly he couldn't see someone so bright being associated with him.

Next Aimi reached out to Akaashi who gladly returned the handshake. "I'm so sorry but you are?" She asked in a polite tone.

"I'm Akaashi, I'm Bokuto's boyfriend. I hope you don't mind that I joined."

"Oh no, it's alright! The more the merrier right?" She smiled and sat back down.

Not once did Bokutos father even care to stand up. Actually not once did he even make the effort to say a word to introduce himself to Akaashi or claim who the random woman was.

Both Akaashi and Bokuto took their seats across from the other two. Bokuto could read the nervous expression on the woman's face. She sat and waited for a minute. After what felt like an eternity Bokutos father finally spoke up.

"Aimi is my fiancé. She was persistent in meeting you. I'm not sure why but here." He sounded like being there was the last place on earth he ever wanted to be.

"Oh" Bokuto had to think for a minute. "I'm glad we could meet, you seem like a very lovely person."

She smiled in return. "Thank you so much Bokuto. You seem very lovely yourself."

"Yeah until you learn how much of a slut he is. How many people are you sleeping with now? And you're still a fag I guess that part of you was never fixed either."

Bokuto was getting noticeably uncomfortable and so was Aimi. The two people with the most energy had no words to say. Even Akaashi was taken aback by such vulgar language in a public place.

"I have three boyfriends that love me and I'd give the world to see them smile so yeah I guess you could still say I'm your broken gay slut of a son," Bokuto spoke gritting his teeth.

"Disgusting" With that last word Bokuto's father stood and left the cafe.

Aimi held her head down with shame almost as if she knew things wouldn't go well. Slowly she stood up as well. Bokuto expected her to simply leave but she stayed for another moment. "I'm sorry, this was my idea. It was genuinely lovely to meet you and your boyfriend maybe one day in the future I can meet the other two. I apologize again for this." She was kind and bowed to the two boys before making her way out as well.

Akaashi looked over at Bokuto and grabbed his hand. He spoke softly letting the conversation belong to both of them and no one else. "You're not a slut or a mistake that needs to be fixed."

"I know." Bokuto held his hand tighter. "I just- I wasn't sure what else to say. I slept around a lot in school but that's just not who I am anymore."

"And the people who matter most in your life know that. We don't judge you based on your past. The past is what made you, you. And we don't want anyone but you. So let's go back to the people that really matter. Yeah?"

Bokuto nodded his head and gave Akaashi a soft kiss before getting up and leaving the cafe. His hands intertwined with his lovers. They saw Kuroo and Kenma seated on a bench not far from the cafe. They both seemed to be bickering about something but seeing them brought a smile to Bokuto's face.

They walked up and tapped them on the shoulder. Both of them turned around curiously before jumping up to be in front of them. Bokuto went to them both and wrapped both of them in a large hug which they both returned. "I love you all so much." He was given a kiss on his temple and cheek.

"We love you too," Both Kenma and Kuroo said back.

They sat that way just a bit longer before heading back home. Bokuto knew what Akaashi said was right. The only thing that mattered were these people. They mattered so much it was easy to forget any problems he had.