27

Despite Kuroo's protest that night, Kenma decided to stay the night in the studio. He claimed that the painting of Oikawa was being completed that night, and he wasn't going to wait another second. So with great hesitation, Kuroo said it was alright and that he would see him tomorrow.

When the next day rolled around, it came as almost no surprise when Kuroo received a call from Akaashi claiming that Kenma had shut himself inside the studio again.

Kuroo explained to Akaashi what had happened the day prior. Neither of them could come up with a solid conclusion as to what caused the shutout or the panic attack. All they knew was that Kenma had planned on seeing someone and then seconds later was curled on the floor crying. The situation made close to no sense to them. What could happen in such a small amount of time?

...

Three days had passed since the boy decided that he was no longer going to associate himself with the outside world. Kuroo, Bokuto, and Akaashi knew that Kenma was leaving the studio at some point since the food they left out would be gone by the time they walked through the hallway again. Otherwise, there was no sign of life coming from the room.

Each boy tried their best to knock at the door. They would call inside, hoping to get some reaction out of the boy. Every time they tried, it was fruitless. Occasionally they would hear the sound of the music increase or silent cursing and something falling or breaking if they listened close enough. None of what they could hear was good, but at least they knew their lover was still alive.

For probably the 50th time in the last three days, Bokuto was standing outside the door. The last time this had happened, he had succeeded in getting into the room, and now he was having no such luck. "Kenma...Please let me in. Or maybe let Akaashi in." Bokuto had defeat in his voice. Out of all the boys, he was the one to attempt opening the door the most, and with every new decline, his mood deflated just a little bit more. He just wanted his small grumpy boyfriend back in his arms.

As Bokuto went to knock once more, he one pair of hands wrapped around his waist, and another hand came to pull back his own. He turned slightly to look who was there and saw Akaashi holding his hand back, which meant Kuroo had to be the one holding him. Bokuto leaned back into the hold. "Why won't Kenken answer," Bokuto whispered out. He saw the frown on Akaashi's face, and the hold around him got tighter.

Kuroo placed a kiss on his shoulder "It's not just you Bo." Of course, Bokuto knew that, but after so so many attempts at getting the younger boy's attention, he thought it would have succeeded at least once by this point. Bokuto was just really upset about the situation.

They were all getting ready to leave for the night, but this time they were hoping that their boyfriend would be joining them home. Sure there were still three of them, but the bed still felt lonelier without their last boyfriend in there with them. Something felt out of place, and it would only get better once their fourth was with them again.

They were all standing in the middle of the hallway filling the area with a depressing aura.

"What's with the somber mood?" A voice asked the current residents outside the studio door. Bokuto turned his head and saw Oikawa standing there with his hands shoved into his pockets and a thin layer of snow covering his clothing.

All of the boys deflated at the question, but Akaashi decided to answer for the group. "Kenma won't leave. We just wanted to try again."

Oikawa gave the group a confused look. "What do you mean won't let you in? Did something happen?" Oikawa asked them as if they were being stupid, but they could also hear the concern in his voice.