II. Same Ole, Same Ole

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons"Same Ole, Same Ole"

Onest Simmons
"Same Ole, Same Ole"

"I said I was a pro baby, knowing I was stuntin'" I mumbled the lyrics as Wet Dreamz by J Cole played on my speaker.

I sat on the edge of my bed tying my freshly new Retro Deep Royal Air Jordan 12. Once I got myself together, I turned my speaker off and grabbed my phone. I grabbed everything I needed then headed out my room.

I left out my apartment, locking the door behind me then walked down the hall. I seen my neighbor, Miss Gladys coming out her home.

"Good morning Miss Gladys. I didn't forget to help you with your AC, I'll do it later today." I told her as I walked past her.

"Thank you baby. Tell your mom I said hi." She said back, I nodded my head heading downstairs.

I lived in a nice apartment that was affordable for me. I didn't need a big house especially since I was only 21 years old. And I damn sure wasn't about to pay no mortgage and all those bills. So, a nice two bedroom apartment was cool for me. Reaching the lobby, I heard a woman shouting. I shook my head already knowing it was Big Boy messing with some girl.

And I was right.

"Fuck you fat ass!" The girl shouted before storming off. I watched as she walked away before walking to the counter.

"Bitches am I right?" Big Boy asked me and I shook my head.

"Your mouth is reckless Big Boy, especially towards woman. Your never going to get in a relationship." I told him and he smack his lips.

"No one worried 'bout relationships and shit. Plus, these bitches not even worth it." He said, leaning back in the chair. It squeaked a little and I tried my hardest not to laugh.

Ole boy was big as hell no lie, but that wasn't my business.

"Yeah, aight. Bro, you gon' hit the gym with me someday cause you need to do better. If you wanna get your dick sucked, ladies gotta be able to see it." I joked, walking towards the door.

"Fuck off Onest!"

I laughed walking out the building. I put my beats on, so I could listen to music while I walked. My job wasn't too far from my apartment, so driving was unnecessary at times. Plus, I liked imagining myself in a music video as I listen to music. It was just a habit of mine especially since I was a music addict.

How Do You Want It by Tupac blasted through my beats. I put my hands in my pockets and started my walk to the diner. I work at my mothers diner called Neighborhood Mama. Before she opened her own business, my mom was considered the hood mother.