XLVI. At Its Best

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons "At Its Best"

Onest Simmons
"At Its Best"

"We taking it to Jersey...hot new artists Onest and Cory with their single, War."

I smirk turning up the radio. My song was on the damn radio for millions to listen to.

My song was on the radio!

I was happy as hell and it caught me off guard too. I never imagined my song being on the radio. Shit, I never imagined myself getting this damn far in my career actually. But, I was happy. I eagerly grabbed my phone about to text her, but caught myself before doing so.

Forgot we weren't talking still.

I put my phone down and lean back. I debated on what I wanted to do about everything. It was hard as hell to not talk to her for a whole week. There were multiple times I wanted to pick up the phone and head her voice. Sadly, I couldn't.

But, all that shit was gonna change today. I sat up and started my car. I was finna go talk to her and finally set this whole thing straight. I drove off fast thinking about how I was about to do this. I wasn't going to be pushy, I wasn't going to force her to talk to me either.

I was just going to ask if we could talk, tell her what happened and hopefully get her back. If I couldn't then I was just going to leave her alone, if I could at least.

I continued thinking about how I was going to do this. I finally pulled up to her house seeing some couple outside. I parked my car, turning it off then got out. I was curious as to why some random couple was there. I started walking up and they gave me a smile before going to their car.

I look back at them while I walked to the door. I knocked on the door then started looking around. There was a For Sale poster in the yard which explained why that couple was here.

"She selling the house." I thought to myself just as the door opened. I quickly look over seeing her. She was about to shut it, but I stopped it.

"Onest, if you don't want all five of your fingers just say that and slam this door on them." She told me and I quickly moved my hand.

"Look, Lia can we talk real quick?" I asked.

"No." She answered, I tuck in my lips stopping the door with my foot.

"Onest, I will break your shit. Don't play with me." She told me and I smack my lips.

"Anneliese, I just want to talk. Give me ten minutes." I told her, she stare at me then roll her eyes.