Chapter XXXVI. Bonnie n' Clyde

Trenton, New Jersey
*excuse mistakes if any*

Trenton, New Jersey *excuse mistakes if any*

Onest Simmons
"Bonnie n' Clyde"

Chattering was heard as Annliese and I walked in the house. We walked in the kitchen to the amazing smell of soul food. I heard my mom as she laugh and talk with my other family members.

"Well, look who decided to finally bring his ass here." She said once she seen us. She walked over then pulled me in a hug.

"Hey, ma. Sorry we late, we had business to take care of." I told her and she shook her head at me.

"Hmm, business? Yeah, alright. Anyway, this must be the lovely Lia you talk about so often." She said looking at Anneliese.

I nodded my head stepping to the side a little, "Yeah. Lia, this is my mom, Moesha. Mom this is Lia, my girl." I introduced the two of them to each other.

"Well, hello there beautiful." My mom greeted, pulling Anneliese into a hug.

"Hi, and your really beautiful." Lia complimented my mom.

"Don't lie to that lady." I told her, my mom hit my chest and I laugh.

"Boy hush, but thank you love. I can't do all the chit chatter cause I have food to make, but I'm happy that someone is making my son happy. And I hope he's making you happy too. If he don't, please give me a call and imma handle him." My mom told her and I smack my lips.

How come everyone tryna hurt me if I hurt her? Like damn a nigga can't do shit. It's not like I'm going to hurt her anyways, but Jesus give me a break.

"Oh, best believe I will." Lia remarked, looking up at me.

I smack my lips, "Aight, I'm finna introduce her to everyone else. Hopefully, the food would be done by then." I remarked and my mom flip me off.

I grabbed Lia hand and headed out the kitchen, going to the back where everyone was at. The sight was like your typical black family cookout. Your uncles playing cards together. Friends of the family and my grandma gossiping in their little section. You have your little cousins playing, while the older ones laugh from being so damn high.

Yeah, this was my family.

"So, I can snitch to your mom and Shooter. That feels good." Lia said and I suck my teeth.

"I won't do anything, so there's no need to snitch." I told her walking up to my uncles.

"Wassup baldie!" I exclaimed talking to my Uncle Montrel. He didn't even bother to look up at me and gave me the middle finger.