LII. Can't Raise A Man

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons"Can't Raise A Man"

Onest Simmons
"Can't Raise A Man"

"Niggas mane." I thought to myself, checking the time on my phone.

I was about to say fuck it and leave and not talk to my dad. I only was doing it since my mom mentioned it to me during Thanksgiving dinner. She said that I should just hear him out, so I could move past everything.

I had already moved along, but sadly he ended up showing up out of nowhere. Now, here I am sitting here waiting for his fuck ass. I sigh, tossing my head back.

"Ay, Onest my boy." I look over seeing my dad coming over.

I kept a mug on my face as he took a seat in front of me. Jesus, I really disliked this man. Why did he have to be my dad out of all people?

"I didn't think I would ever see you again son." He said.

"Please don't call me your son." I told him not in the mood.

I slouch in the seat, crossing my arms. I was already over this whole thing and we haven't even talked yet.

"I see you still have that same attitude. You get that from your mom." He remarked, I clenched my jaw instead of saying something.

"Look I only did this cause I want to know one thing. So, just explain to me why you left and became a deadbeat?" I asked, he smirk then shook his head.

"Are you drinker son? We should get something to drink, waiter."

I clench my jaw again as he waved a waiter over. I rub the bridge of nose, calming myself down as he order drinks. I was trying to stay relaxed, but he was pissing me off to the extreme.

"You know you have anger issues. You need to work on that."

"Stop talking to me." I told him sitting back up.

The waiter came back placing to glasses of some type of liquor. I didn't even bother to touch my drink cause I wasn't in the mood.

"Bro, I really don't have time for this shit. So, stop being a selfish prick for a second and just answer my question." I told him and he nodded his head.

"Fine, with your impatient ass. I'll tell you what happened and why I left." He said, letting out a small sigh.

"I was in a relationship with this woman since the beginning of my teen years. Our relationship wasn't perfect, hence, we were only seventeen years old. One day, I decided to step out my relationship because I was bored. And that's when I met your mom who at the time was a young girl. We were only a year apart and her body was different from other girls. So, I decided to mess with her."