XXVI. Closer and Closer

Trenton, New Jersey
*excuse any mistakes loves*

Trenton, New Jersey *excuse any mistakes loves*

Onest Simmons
"Closer and Closer"

"I hope you knock that nigga head off."

I chuckled a little, "Nah, cause my mom stopped me. But, I called my uncles and dem niggas coming down." I told him leaning back on the stoop.

Shooter, Junior and I were chilling on someone's porch. We had permission though, so there was no biggy. She was some older lady that rarely came outside. So, who really cared.

"Wait, so you called your uncles to come fight your stepdad?" Junior asked and I look over at him. He was leaning on the lady car while Shooter and I sat on the stairs.

"Yes, I called my uncles to come fuck up my stepdad. Why wouldn't I?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders.

"I mean that shit sounds stupid honestly. Yeah, he said some fucked up shit, but no need to get niggas to come end his life. Shit is stupid like I said." He shrugged his shoulders and I roll my eyes.

"My nigga those are my uncles, my mom older brothers. They don't play about her at all. He ended up mentioning something about my dad which trigger me and her, and now he have to get fucked up. It's basic logic." I told him and he smack his lips.

"That shit sound stupid lowkey. And I'm not trying to be rude, but I personally think what your stepdad said was true. Females-"

"Women." Shooter cut him off, correcting him.

"Same fucking thing. Anyways, females aren't really capable of taking care of boys. They need their fathers to really be taken care of properly." He said, Shooter and I look over at each then back at him.

This man was bout stupid as fuck in all honestly.

"Bro, my dad left me when I was five. Even before then he was in and out my life. My mom took care of me, raised me by herself. She didn't get handed anything, her parents barely helped cause she was a teen mom. Last time I checked, I'm not out here selling drugs or killing people. No offense Shooter." I said to him as I was trying to make a point.

"None taken homie. I have a reason for what I do." Shooter said as he started rolling a blunt.

My mom didn't get handed anything while she was pregnant with me. I mean her parents were there, but they didn't help as much. They said she needed to be on her own and figure out parenthood by herself. They still helped by letting her stay at the house until she was able to be on her own. And they did other things too, but my mom was basically on her own.