VIII. Underneath The Stars

Trenton, New Jersey
*excuse mistakes if any*

Trenton, New Jersey *excuse mistakes if any*

Onest Simmons
"Underneath The Stars"

"And I love you baby!"

I shook my head tossing my basketball in the air. Junior and I were in the studio to get started on our next project, but right now we're listening to Lady Cakes song. The beat was nice and the lyrics were cool, but her voice?

Nah, that shit was annoying. Like nails being scratched on a blackboard type annoying. It was just really bad and the fact that Junior really had me sitting here listening to it pissed me off.

"Bro, please turn that shit off." I told him, spinning the basketball on my finger.

"It's terrible right?" He asked and I smack my lips.

"Terrible isn't even the word for it brodie. That was ass, complete ass." I answered, shaking my head.

Still wanted to know why he didn't tell her she couldn't sing. He was putting himself through a lot of shit lying to her. But, that wasn't my business.

"Aight, anyway let's get down to business homie. Summer is right around the corner and Jersey need a summer anthem from the one and only." He said turning around to me.

I sat up on the couch holding the ball in my hand. "So?" I asked.

He smile turning around then pressing some buttons. A beat started playing and I started bobbing my head to it.

"Shit fire right?" Junior asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, it's giving me Tupac and Biggie vibes." I told him leaning back on the couch. I automatically thought of some lyrics for it.

"Told her she had herpes, shoulda handled that shit safer." I mumbled, shaking my head at the lyric.

(y'all I didn't know what to put, so that's what I came up with😂😂)

What weird shit am I on?

"Aight, so whatchu thinking?" Junior asked pausing the music.

"We got a 90's sample, so all we need is some 90 type vibe lyrics or something. Or we can put our own spin on this, but if you do that then it better be good. Cause you know people always complain about how new rappers fuck up old songs." He told me and I nodded my head, agreeing.

"True dat. So, let's get this shit started."

დ︎დ︎დ︎