Epilogue

Epilogue:

A simple roka ceremony was held at Anaira's house the next day.

Aditya's mom gifted Anaira her earrings which Aditya had given her along with few more jewelry pieces.

The marriage date was fixed and it was going to be held after a month. Both the families sat together and did a rough plan on how the marriage was going to be held and also about the preparations.

"You look beautiful in saree." Aditya told Anaira as they sat alone on their terrace. 

Anaira just blushed at his compliment. She was still digesting everything that was happening around her. It felt surreal.

Aditya held her hand and made her look at him.

"I'm going to miss you. I can't wait to come back and take you with me."  he told her.

"I'll miss you too." Anaira said smiling at him.

The couple spoke for some more time before it was time for Aditya and his parents to leave. They went down and Anaira took blessings from her would be in-laws again before they left.

******

"How's this?" Anaira asked Aditya showing a beautiful dress. They were on a video call doing their wedding shopping. Aditya was as it is busy with his work. His mom was taking care of all the shopping for him.

"It's nice." he replied not paying much attention to it.

"Adi, you're saying 'it's nice' for everything. You're not even looking at it properly. I don't know why am I even asking for your help in the first place. All you care about is your work." Anaira was annoyed. She disconnected the call.

Aditya called her back immediately.

"Anu, you know I can't help it. I have so much work to be completed before my leave starts. I want to complete everything now. I don't want any disturbance during our honeymoon." he said stressing on the last bit.

Anaira's face turned crimson at the mention of honeymoon. Though he was busy during the day, he never missed calling her every night. It had become a routine now.

******

A month later:

Finally, Anaira and Aditya were married. They flew back to Mumbai the next day. It really was difficult for Anaira to say goodbye to her family.

She was warmly welcomed by her in-laws following all the rituals. Anaira felt nostalgic with all the memories that were associated with this house.

Her luggage was placed in Aditya's room. Her mother-in-law whom she called Mom now, led her to Aditya's room.

"Anu, I know Adi has done some stupid things in the past and hurt you. But your love has overcome all those things. Just in case he troubles you hereafter, you know I'm always there. I'll beat him up if he ever hurts you." Kavita, Aditya's mom told her daughter-in-law.

"I'm so glad to have you as my daughter-in-law. I couldn't have asked for more." She said caressing Anaira's head.

"Thanks Ma." Anaira smiled at her mother-in-law as she hugged her.

******

Anaira took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes. She was tired from all the travelling.

"You looked beautiful in that saree. Why did you change?" Aditya asked her when she came out, at the same time taking her in his arms.

"It was uncomfortable. I can't sleep in that saree." she said and he hummed in response still not letting her go.