Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

Aditya was in his room, making sure that he had not forgotten anything before he left for airport. He hadn't been to office today and had finished the meeting which he had through video conferencing. He had to leave in a couple of hours to reach the airport on time.

"Adi, your dad's calling you downstairs." It was his Mom.

"You go see him and give me that list of yours. I will check everything." his Mom told him. Aditya had a standard list of things that he carried whenever he went out for business. He made sure to check if he had everything from the list before he left.

"What is it about?" he asked.

"Mr. Sharma is here. Something related to business. They're in the home office room." his mom said.

"Okay. Thanks Mom." he mumbled and went down to meet his dad and Mr. Sharma.(Anaira's dad).

Aditya had met Mr. Sharma more than a few times. His dad was close to him and they had attended quite a few business conferences and meetings together. But what he didn't know was that Mr. Sharma being Anaira's father.

When he opened the door to the office, the old men who were busy discussing business took notice of him.

"Aditya, how are you beta?" Anaira's dad asked him.

"I'm fine uncle. How are you?" he asked as he took his seat.

"I'm good. I heard you're flying to the US to take care of new venture. All the best with that." he wished him.

"Thank you." he replied.

"Adi, we wanted to tell you something before you leave." Aditya's dad spoke. Aditya just nodded his head asking him to continue.

"It's about Anaira." this caught Aditya's attention.

'What about her?' he thought to himself. Did they find out that he's going out with her secretly? he was tensed thinking about the possibilities.

"What about her?" he asked.

"Anaira is my daughter." Anaira's dad said.

Aditya wasn't expecting this, anything but this. He looked at Anaira's dad in confusion.

"After she finished her studies in London, I wanted her to learn how the real business works. I knew what a wonderful businessman you are and I wanted her to learn from you. I didn't want her to be treated any differently because she's my daughter. So we didn't tell you or anyone that she's my daughter." Anaira's dad explained him why they did what they did.

Aditya was stunned. She had lied to him even with all the things going on between them, she had lied!!!

"Internship?" he asked.

"That is what I suggested Adi. I knew you wouldn't agree otherwise to mentor her or anyone. So I told you that she's been selected as an intern." his dad answered.

'She had used her dad's influence to get it, just like how all the rich spoiled princesses do. She hadn't rightfully got the internship.' Aditya thought to himself. He was getting angry with all these revelations. Truth bombs were being dumped upon him where he wasn't ready to face them.

"Beta, I hope you aren't angry at us for this. I'm really sorry if you felt bad that we hid it from you." Anaira's dad said.

"No Rakesh, what are you saying? Anaira is a very nice girl and a quick learner too. Aditya should be happy that he got to mentor such a bright girl. She has helped us in so many projects. I have seen her work personally. She's brilliant." Aditya's dad told his friend.