Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

"So Anu, what have you decided?" Nishant asked her.

Nishant and Simran were back in office. The trio were sitting in the cafeteria sipping coffee.

Anaira looked at him not understanding what he meant.

"About Aditya. What have you decided?" he. asked her being more specific this time.

Anaira didn't know what to say. She herself wasn't sure what she was gonna do.

"I don't know." she answered genuinely.

"You do know that you're going back to Delhi next week, right?" Nishant asked her.

Anaira nodded her head.

"You don't have much time left to decide Anu." he stated truthfully.

Nishant had told Anaira about Aditya's previous relationship. He also had pointed out that he might have reacted that way because of his past experience.

Anaira was surprised at this revelation. She had no idea of all this.

Why had he never told her anything about all this? She wondered.

But still how could he think she was just like his ex-girlfriend? He should have confronted her instead of making assumptions.

Anaira couldn't bring herself to forgive him or forget everything just because of this reason.

He had hurt her, a lot at that. And it wasn't easy for her to come past that.

Though it created a tiny bit of soft corner for him in her heart, she still had a long way to go if she needed to forgive him completely.

******

"Anu, whatever you're deciding make sure you aren't hurting yourself with that decision. You both look so gloomy these days. Honestly speaking I don't want any of you to suffer."  Nishant told her.

Anaira just looked at him and smiled. She knew what he was telling was absolutely right.

Not being able to forgive Aditya, was not only going to hurt him but it was going to hurt her equally as well.

But how can she forgive him halfheartedly? She couldn't bring herself to do that as well.

Time! May be she needed some time.

But how much time? She didn't know.

"Nishant, will you stop trying to manipulate her into taking decision in your friend's favor?" Simran shot back at her husband.

"I'm not trying to manipulate her!" Nishant said trying to defend himself.

"Of course you're not." Simran said sarcastically.

"Let her decide what she wants. He can't be forgiven that easily. He had no right to hurt or judge her because of his past experiences. He should have trusted her." Simran told him.

"Guys please, I don't want you guys to fight because of me. Please stop this. Let's talk about something else. Tell me how was your honeymoon?" Anaira said trying to change the topic.

The newlyweds were all blushing just at the mention of honeymoon.

Anaira felt relieved at being able to divert the topic.

******

It was Saturday and Anaira was getting dressed up. Aditya's mom had invited the newly married couple to their house. And obviously she was invited too.