Chapter 33

Chapter 33:

Aditya was lost in his thoughts when his phone started ringing. It was a call from his mom.

"Adi, where are you? We reached 30 minutes ago and I couldn't find you anywhere." she said from the other end.

"I'll be there in a few minutes mom. Where are you guys exactly?" he asked. She told him where they were seated.

Aditya went to washroom and splashed some water on his face. His hand was paining. He could see a bruise on his knuckles. Thankfully, it wasn't bleeding much. He kept his hand under the running water for sometime and covered the wound with a handkerchief. He went out to see his parents after he made sure that he was looking presentable.

When he reached the place where his parents were sitting, he found Anaira sitting with them too. She was talking to his mom and it looked like she was introducing Rishi's fiance to her.

Anaira looked beautiful in the saree that she was wearing. Aditya's heart pained to looking at her. He had to do something before it was too late or was it already too late?! He wasn't sure.

He went and greeted his parents and sat down on an empty chair.

"Where were you all this while?" his mom asked him.

"I was busy with some work mom." he told her.

"This is Rishi's finance, her name is Dia." his mom told him. Dia told them that she had already met Aditya earlier.

"What happened to your hand? Let me see." Aditya's mom said as she grabbed his hand which he was deliberately trying to hide.

"It's nothing mom, just a small scratch. I got hurt while doing some work." he tried taking his hand back.

"Adi, why didn't you put a proper band-aid on it?" she asked him getting worried. She could see some blood stains on the handkerchief which worried her.

"Anu, can we get a bandaid from somewhere?" Aditya's mom asked her.

"Mom it's nothing really. I'm fine." he said not letting Anaira say anything.

"Don't worry aunty, there's a first aid kit in the reception. I will go get it from there." Anaira said looking at his mom's worried face. She got up to leave when Aditya's mom asked him to go with her.

Anaira silently walked towards the reception area with Aditya following her.

Once they reached there, she took the bandaid from them and asked Aditya to show his hand.

She wondered what happened to him. Even Rishi looked upset after he came back from talking to Aditya.

She tried asking him but he didn't tell her anything. He just told her that Aditya might try talking to her and she should listen to him.

She removed the handkerchief and covered the wound with the bandaid. She didn't look at his face during the whole time. After completing her task she was about to retrieve her hand when he held her hand tightly from his other hand.

"Why?" Aditya asked suddenly.

That is when she looked at his face but just for a second before she looked down at her hand which he was holding. She tried taking her hand back but his grip was tight.

"Why do you still care after all the things that I've said and done?" he asked her.

"I would have done the same thing if anyone else was hurt too. There's nothing special about this and I still remember everything that you've said and done. I need to go now." she said trying to take her hand back.