Chapter 1

Anaira's House:                                                

It was a lazy Sunday evening and everyone were enjoying their cup of tea with some snacks but the situation was a bit tense.

Anaira's mom was upset with her husband. She was not happy with his decision of sending Anu to Mumbai for her internship. She had just returned from London after being away for 2 years. She had missed her daughter dearly and didn't want to send her away again. 

She said to her husband "Why are you so hell-bent on sending her to Mumbai? She can do the internship here, in our own company."

He replied "Radha, why are you not understanding my point of view? In our company she will have a kind of lenience. She will not be able to learn anything when people know that she's the boss's daughter. Nobody will correct her if she does anything wrong."

He was right in his place. He wanted Anu to learn the basics of business the hard way. He didn't want her to take advantage of their status or money and neglect anything. He had done the same thing with his son as well.

Anaira's brother Anuj had done his internship in a company in US for a year. Nobody knew that his father was a successful businessman in India. He didn't want his children to take advantage of their wealth.

Radha spoke again "I know you are doing this for her good. You want her to be successful. But why Mumbai? Why can't you look for something in Delhi? That way she can stay with us. She has just come back and I haven't been able to spend some time with her as we were all busy with Anuj's wedding. She is our daughter and a day will come when she has to get married and move to her inlaw's house" She spoke with sadness.

Anuj's marriage had just taken place last month. Sneha, Anuj's wife is an interior designer. It was an arranged alliance at first but both of them had fallen in love eventually. They had been together for a year before the marriage.

Anaira's dad Rakesh replied "Radha, we still have time for her wedding. And the internship is only for 6-8 months. She will be trained under the best and she can't miss this opportunity"

Anaira felt sad looking at her parents having an argument because of her.
"Maa, please don't worry. I will come back soon after the internship and stay by your side always." She said kissing her mom on the cheek to lighten up the mood.

She was set to start her internship next Monday and had to leave for Mumbai on Saturday to settle in before she could join the office.

She had mixed feelings about this. She was sad she had to leave her family, happy and excited to have gotten the opportunity to learn and nervous about how this journey was going to turn out.

Sneha observed Anaira. She understood that even though Anu was trying to show that she was happy, she was nervous and stressed. Anu and Sneha shared a very good bond after Sneha was engaged to Anuj. They had become best of friends now.

She made a mental note to speak to Anaira later and check if she was fine. Sneha told her mother in law "Ma please don't take tension. Anu will be fine there and she will visit us often or we will visit her. Mumbai is not as far as London."
Anaira's mom smiled at her daughter in law and nodded in understanding.

She didn't want her daughter to let go of this opportunity because of her. She braced herself thinking it is only for few months and she will send her daughter happily and not burden her with the emotions.