Chapter 18

After a month, it was festival time and Anaira was going to Delhi after 4 months for Deepavali. She had applied leave for a week and Aditya had agreed only after telling her that she has to complete a lot of work before going on leave.

When Aditya was in Seoul last month, they had realized how much they missed each other. They spoke over the phone everyday. Anaira was happy to know that she had found someone who cares for her this much apart from her family.

But now she was a bit worried about how he's going to take it when he knows about her family. If he truly likes her, that shouldn't bother him much, she thought. It's not like she was cheating or something for selfish reasons. She had a genuine reason to do that.

Anaira's father had come to Mumbai the previous week. It was for a business meeting and Anaira really had a hard time controlling herself from going and hugging her dad. She had missed him. Later in the day her dad had stayed back for a day and they had dinner together at a restaurant.

Aditya had not told Anaira about his past girlfriend and how she had cheated him. He wanted to leave it behind and move forward. He didn't want to remember all that again and spoil the happiness that he had now. He knew that Anaira was different and more than anything he was happy with her.

"Why do you have to go for a week? Can't you come back in 3 days? I'm going to miss you." he had told her.

"I haven't taken any leaves since I joined here. My parents visited few times but I never got to go home. I miss everyone." she said.

"Alright! But text this poor fella in case you remember me sometime." he said trying to tease her.

"What do you mean by 'If you remember me sometime'?" she asked looking at him.

"It means that you'll be busy with your family and you'll forget me." he said complaining like a child.

"You know that's not true, right?" she asked him.

"I'll see how much you'll remember me. Anyways, what will you get for me when you come back?" he asked.

"What do you want? Mithaai and some fire crackers?" she asked him and they both laughed at her joke.

"Mithaai should be fine. I don't think they'll allow fire crackers on the plane." Aditya countered and they both laughed.

When it was finally time for Anaira to leave for Delhi, Aditya had insisted that he would drop her to the airport. They drove to the airport and there was some time left before Anaira could board the flight.

"Who's coming to Delhi airport to pick you?" he asked.

"My brother is coming." she replied.

Aditya took Anaira's hand in his hand and started making circles on her hand. He wanted to tell her that he wants to finally date her and introduce her to everyone as his girlfriend. He thought of doing that once she came back from Delhi.

When it was finally time for Anaira to leave, she said "I'll miss you. Take care and happy Diwali in advance." Anaira said giving him a hug.

"You too! Enjoy your festival and come soon. I'll be waiting." Aditya said still holding her in his arms. He didn't want to let her go.

Anaira finally broke the hug and stepped back. She took her backpack and got ready to leave.

She said bye to him finally and turned to leave when Aditya called "Suno Anaira!"

She turned and looked at him and in a swift movement he came towards her and kissed her on the cheek. Anaira was shocked and he too was surprised by his own actions. Anaira was blushing and so was Adi.

"This is how you should say 'Bye', remember next time." he told her to ease the awkwardness. Anaira just smiled at him and boarded the plane with her racing heart.

When Anaira reached Delhi, Anuj was there at the airport to pick her up. Anaira was so happy to see her brother after such a long time. She hugged him tightly and said how much she missed him. As they reached home, Anaira was warmly welcomed by her parents and her bhabhi.

Anaira's mom had prepared all her favorite dishes. She was sure that she will be putting on some weight with all the delicious food that her mom is going to feed her, but she didn't mind that. She loved food!!

The next day, Anaira went with her family to the mall for festival shopping. She also got everyone something with her salary that she got from her internship. It was her first earning and even though it was not a huge amount she still got simple gifts and everyone loved it.

When they were shopping for clothes, Anaira's eyes had caught a beautiful kurta pajama. Her mind immediately suggested that Aditya would look dapper in that outfit. She thought of buying it for him but she also couldn't do that in front of everyone as they would ask who is she buying it for and she can't tell the truth.

Once they finished the shopping and came out everyone were hungry. Sneha suggested that they can have lunch at the restaurant in the mall itself. Anaira took this opportunity and said "Bhabhi I forgot something at the shop. You guys head to the restaurant, I'll join you." she said.

"What did you forget? Your Bhai will go and get it." Sneha said.

"No bhabhi, I'll get it myself. You guys go and order something." she said.

"Alright, come soon." Anaira's mom said.

Anaira went inside and purchased the kurta pajama set that she had liked for Aditya. She kept it along with her dress in the bag. Later she joined her family at the restaurant to have lunch.

Once she was home, Anaira kept Aditya's outfit at the back of her cupboard and made a mental note to pack that before leaving.

The festival was great. They got up early in the morning and got ready wearing all the new outfits. Then they performed Lakshmi Pooja and did aarti to goddess Lakshmi praying for health, wealth, peace and prosperity for everyone. They also feasted on a variety of yummy food.

Anaira spoke to Simran and Nishant and wished them both happy Diwali. She had sent a message to Aditya wishing him but she hadn't gotten any response. She thought of calling him and only got time to call him in the evening.

Here our hero was angry that Anaira hadn't called or texted him even once after she had gone to Delhi. She was so busy catching up with her family that she didn't get time at all and moreover she always had someone or the other person next to her which didn't give her the privacy to call him.

She went out to the terrace to call him. Her mom and bhabhi were attending some guests and she got some alone time. He didn't pick up the first time but he picked up when she called him the second time.

"Hello!! Happy Diwali." Anaira wished him joyfully.

"Did you remember me now?" he asked not wishing her back.

She explained him that she was busy with her family. He calmed down a bit after sometime.

"But still, you didn't have time to send me a text as well?" he asked her.

"Acha, I'm sorry. Now tell me what should I do for you to forgive me?" she asked him.

"I'll tell you what you need to do when you come back to Mumbai." he told plotting something in his mind. She was about to ask him what it is but Sneha came and called her to come down.

"Okay. I got to go now. I'll text you later." she said and hung up.

Sneha knew that something was up with Anaira. She was never the one to go on terrace to speak to someone. She thought of asking Anaira later.

END of Chapter 18!!

Please let me know what you think. Please do vote and comment 🙏

I'll try to update the next part soon.

Any constructive feedback, please feel free to let me know. Thank you 😊