Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

On Sunday, Anaira went shopping with Simran and got a beautiful dress and a saree for Simran's cousin's wedding. She also got few matching accessories to go with the outfits.

Next week was boring without Simran. She was on leave for the whole week and Anaira along with missing her friend, had to do a lot of work as well. Aditya was surprisingly nice to her. His tone was different now. It didn't sound rude or bossy like before. He was comparatively calm and he seemed busy the whole week.

There was this one day which surprised Anaira, it was Wednesday. She had gone out with Aditya for a meeting and after the meeting, they went to a small resturant one the way as it was lunch time.

As they were having their lunch, Aditya had spoken to her. He said "I'm sorry."

Anaira was surprised, she stopped eating and looked at him. Questioning him with her eyes, she didn't understand why he was saying sorry all of a sudden. He understood her confusion.

"I'm sorry for the other day about the file. It was totally my fault and I blamed you for it." he said.

"No, that's fine. It was a misunderstanding." Anaira said. She wasn't good at accepting apologies as well. Why was this girl socially so awkward?

"No really, it was my mistake and even after all that you helped me when I was wasn't feeling well. Thank you so much." Aditya said genuinely thanking her.

Anaira was a bit surprised but a lot happier that he finally admitted his mistake. She never wanted him to apologise to her or anything. She just wanted him to admit his mistake, that's it. She was sad and upset the whole week because of him and the least she expected was for him to accept his mistake.

After that day, the remaining days went by sooner and it was Friday already. This weekend was going to be busy. They had Simran's cousin's pre wedding party on Saturday and Sunday was the wedding. Anaira was going to stay there on Saturday night since Simran had insisted on that.

Friday evening when Anaira was about to leave the office and at the same time Aditya was leaving too. They both got into the elevator and Aditya asked her "Are you going home straight or somewhere else?"

"I'm going home." she replied.

"I'll drop you." he said

"Thanks, but i have already booked the cab." she lied. She didn't want to go with him. Anaira had decided that she will try to put a full stop to her feelings. She thought that he can't possibly like her back and she will end up more hurt and heartbroken if she let these feelings grow. She wanted to stop this and concentrate on her learning and go back to Delhi.

"You can cancel it?" she didn't know if it was a statement or question.

"No sir, the cab is almost here. I would be bad if I cancel it now. But thanks anyways." she said.

Aditya didn't say anything after that. They said bye to eachother and went their own way.

The next day, Anaira spoke to her parents in the morning and she slept for sometime in the afternoon. This week was hectic for her. She got up around 3PM and started getting ready for the function. She had got a beautiful black dress for the party, black was her favourite colour.

At the same time, Nishant had gone to Aditya's place to pick him up for the party. Simran had told Nishant to stay back in the night as well so that they do not have to travel back and forth for the marriage next day. Nishant forced Aditya to pack his clothes to stay the night as well.

He was a bit reluctant in the beginning but later agreed thinking Anaira was going to be there as well. He remembered her behaviour yesterday, she had refused to take lift from him. He felt bad, but he had decided that he will try to talk to her. He wanted to be close to her for some reason and he had a plan in his mind. He was not sure what was happening with him. He was confued as hell.