Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Anaira called Aditya's driver and they went to the nearest hospital. The doctor checked his temperature and since he had a high fever, they gave him an injection and prescribed some medicine and advised him to take the medicine after eating something.

Anaira took him to his apartment and asked him to rest.

"You need to eat something before you could take the medicine. I will get you a toast and soup. Will that be fine?" she asked him.

He was too tired to protest and he just nodded his head.

Anaira went to her apartment and quickly changed from her work clothes and after freshening up, she made toast and soup. She didn't feel like eating anything so she just made it for Aditya.

While Anaira was out making dinner, her phone kept ringing. She had left her phone on a table next to Aditya's bed. It was from Rishi and Aditya just made it silent and kept it back on table.

When Anaira came back with food Aditya too had changed out of his work clothes and had washed his face.

She gave him the dinner and he ate it silently. After he was done with the dinner, she gave him the medicine.

"Did you have your dinner?" he asked.

"No, I'm not hungry actually. I had a sandwich in the evening so.. " she replied.

He laid down on the bed and he held her hand and said "Thank you!" Anaira just smiled as response. She felt really sad to see him like this. He looked weak but she had only seen the Aditya who always strong no matter what. She just wanted to hug him tight and comfort him. She hoped that he will be fine by tomorrow.

Soon Aditya was asleep, the pills made him drowsy. She checked his temperature after sometime and it had come down. She went and sat on the couch besides the table. She saw that she had few misses calls from Rishi. She made a mental note to call him in the morning. It was around 3.30 AM when she checked his temperature again and it had come back to normal.

She felt relieved and went back and sat on the couch. She fell asleep soon after though she wanted to be awake, the sleep overtook her.

Aditya woke up first in the morning. He saw Anaira sleeping on the sofa. She looked beautiful. How much had he hurt her but still she took care of him when he was sick, he thought to himself. He also decided that he will apologize to her.

He still felt a little tired when he tried waking up from the bed. He went to the washroom to freshen up. Anaira was woken by the sound of the door closing. She was a light sleeper.

She got up and checked time, it was 8.30 AM. When Aditya came back from restroom, she looked at him.

"You woke up? Did I disturb you? You can sleep for some more time." he said.

"No, it's fine. I'm okay, not sleepy anymore." she replied.

The doorbell rang and Aditya went to check who was at the door.

It was Nishant. Anaira had called him to inform him about Aditya not being well. He had insisted on coming at night, but she had told him that Aditya is fine and he can come in the morning with breakfast.

"How did you know I was here?" Aditya asked him.

"Anaira had called me yesterday. How are you feeling now?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Feeling a bit tired, that's all." Aditya replied.

"Cool, I got breakfast." he then looked at Anaira and continued "Anaira, thank you so much for taking care of him." he said.