Chapter 37

Chapter 37:

Aditya looked at Anaira's face when she snuggled closer to him. She might be feeling cold, he thought.

He checked his watch and it was 1.15 AM. She was asleep for more than an hour now. It felt nice to have her sitting closer to him, but they had to go back inside.

"Anu, wake up." he tried to wake her up in his hushed voice. He moved a strand of her hair which covered her cheeks and placed it behind her ears.

She looked cute, sleeping like a baby.

She woke up after a few calls and few pats on her shoulder.

She looked at him confused in her sleepy eyes.

She let his hand go and sat straight after realisation hit her that she was asleep on his shoulder.

"It's getting cold. We should go inside." he told her.

"Oh my bad, I don't know when I fell asleep." she told him feeling a bit embarrassed. She wasn't supposed to feel comfortable with him, but she did.

"It's fine Anaira. You weren't asleep for that long. It's just it's getting cold and you might fall sick." he said looking at her cheeks which were red now. She was definitely feeling shy.

He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. He walked towards the stairs and asked her to get down first as he had to lock the terrace door.

Once they reached downstairs they wished eachother goodnight and went to their respective rooms.

Both of them were happy that they got to spend some time together. But will they admit it?

******

Next morning, Anaira and Aditya's mom went to the temple. It was their usual routine to go to temple on Sundays when Anaira had stayed here.

Anaira prayed to God to guide her in the right direction. She was confused and failed miserably in taking any decision regarding her equation with Aditya.

After their prayers, they sat in the temple veranda enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.

"Anu, you know Adi is going to the US. He knows that I don't want him to go. So he's promised me that he will listen to whatever I say once he comes back." Aditya's mom told Anaira.

Anaira looked at her and nodded her head. She didn't know what to reply.

"You know I'm going to ask him?" Aditya's mom said raising her eyebrows with a hint of mischief in her eyes. This was interesting.

"What are you going to ask him aunty?" Anaira asked curiously.

"I'm going to ask him to get married as soon as he comes back. He can not say no without a valid reason. I'm tired of his excuses. I'm going to search a nice girl for him while he is away." Aditya's mom told.

Anaira's heart sank a little. The possibility of Aditya getting married to someone else didn't feel right to her.

'I shouldn't feel this way. I have no right feel bad about this. It's his life and he can for sure make any decisions of his choice.' she consoled herself.

"That's nice aunty." she managed to say to his mom. Though she didn't feel anything nice about it.

She decided that she needs some time to sort out her feelings and thoughts. She didn't want to overthink get even more confused than she already was.

******

Once they were back at home, the lunch was ready and waiting to be served.

Aditya and his dad joined them for lunch as well.