Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Anaira knocked the door of Aditya's cabin and waited for him to answer. She heard a faint 'Come in' and went inside. She saw that Aditya was busy doing something on his laptop. She cleared her throat to get his attention. He looked up and gave a confused stare/look that Anaira didn't understand.

He asked Anaira to sit and told her "Give me 2 minutes" and again went back to doing something on his laptop.

Anaira sat there looking at his face. 'He is handsome' she thought in her mind looking at him. Aditya looked at her at that exact moment. He looked straight into her eyes and Anaira was startled, she thought that he caught her staring at him.

Soon Aditya broke the eye contact and started looking for something in the cupboard. 'Those eyes! Why are they so captivating?' he thought to himself while searching for what he needed.

He took few files out of the cupboard and placed them in front of Anaira. "These are the documents of few deals that we have missed in the past" he told her. He continued saying "There are 4 in total. I want you to go through them and find the loopholes in them that might have been the reason for us to lose these projects."

Anaira just nodded her head at him. "Do you have any questions for me?" he asked her.

"When do I have to submit the details back to you?" she asked him.

"You can work on this for the rest of the day today. I need the details by next Monday. But from tomorrow you won't have the whole day to do this. First half of the day you will have to sit with Simran to learn how my office works. Second half of the day you can work on this." he replied.

Anaira thought how can she complete this assignment just in a week. She had to do a lot of research in order to find the loopholes. She was scared thinking what might happen if she would not complete this.

She came out of her thoughts when she heard Aditya saying "I don't know how you got this internship. It's none of my business as well. But this assignment will decide whether you would get to continue the internship or not." he told her.

Anu got a bit tensed at his words. 'How can he be so rude to a person he just met?' she thought to herself.

"Do you have anything else to ask?" Aditya asked her again.

"No, thank you." Anu replied.

Aditya called Simran into the cabin and asked her to guide Anaira to set up the workstation and got back to working.

Anaira and Simran came outside. Anaira sighed in relief and asked Simran "Why is he so rude? God! How am I supposed to work with him?"

Simran replied "Hey! Don't worry. It's gonna be fine. He's not as bad as he appears to be."

Anaira didn't know what to say for that. She didn't want Simran to think that she started cribbing about her boss from the day one itself. She went with Simran to the IT department to get her laptop and other required things.

She was assigned a seat right opposite to Simran's desk. Aditya's cabin was to her left. She set everything up on the desk and started going through the files that were given to her.

She remembered what Aditya had told her about the assignment and how he had given her a warning. 'I will have to finish this somehow and show him. What does he think of himself!' she thought to herself and started working.

END of Chapter 6!

Please vote and comment. Also please let me know your suggestions. It would really help me to improve my writing. Thank you 😊