Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

It was 6 in the evening and Anaira was still working on her assignment. She was trying to get the information from all the resources that were available to her as she didn't want to miss out on anything.

Simran came to her and told her that she was leaving for the day. Anaira checked time and it was 7 PM. She thought that she will reach home and work on it for some more time. She packed her laptop and got up to leave. She looked at Aditya's cabin and he was still there.

She took a taxi and reached home. Her mom gave her a warm hug and told her "Go and get freshen up. Dinner is ready."

"Okay Mom." Anaira replied.

She came back to the kitchen to see her mom had prepared her favorite, Gulab Jamun!!. Anaira hugged her mom and told "Maa, thank you so much!! I love you."

"Today's is first day at work and I wanted to make your favorite to celebrate it." her mom replied smiling.

Mom and daughter duo had food and retired for the day. Anaira felt sad thinking after this week her mom will go back to Delhi and she has to stay here alone.

Soon it was Friday and Anaira was nowhere near to completing the assignment. She was sitting in a meeting room with Aditya and other people. She was given a task of making note of important points in the meeting.

After the meeting was over, Anaira showed the observatory points to Aditya. Aditya was quite impressed by her observations. But he didn't want to show that to her.

"You have missed few important points." He told her.

Anaira's face fell after she heard him say that. His tone was serious and she felt sad that she could not meet his expectations.

Other half of Friday she worked on her assignment and left office around 6. She wanted to spend time with her mom as her mom was going back to Delhi tomorrow.

Her mom had a relative's marriage to attend in Delhi and hence she had to leave.

Soon Saturday rolled in and Anu dropped her mom to the airport. She almost cried seeing her mom off at the airport.

"Anu, don't skip meals and call everyday. Be careful and don't stay in the office till late. Take care of your health. If there's anything that's bothering you, immediately call us. Okay?"
Anaira's mom asked her.

"Okay, mom. Don't worry about me. You take care of yourself and everyone at home." Anu replied hugging her mom.

She went back home from the airport and felt like crying. She felt too lonely and she got headache because of all the crying.

She made a strong cup of coffee and started working on her assignment. She had to complete it by Monday.

Simran had called her and asked if she wanted to catch-up on Sunday. But Anu told her that she had to finish the assignment and bailed out.

Her mom called after reaching Delhi. And Anaira spent all her weekend working on the assignment. 

END of Chapter 7!

Please vote and comment. Please let me know if you feel that the chapters are extremely short. I can club 2 chapters.

Thank you!