Chapter 2: A stupid Costume Leads to an Old Friend

Lux Boneteri's POV:

I'm supposed to be a leader and senator for my home world.  Like my mother and father, but I'm not.  At least I don't think I am.  I've always been a rebel, I was in the clone wars.  And now in the rebellion.  I think that's why Senator Organa gave me this assignment.

"Are you ready Senator Bonteri?" Bail says with his blue hologram form flickering.

"I think so Senator Organa." I say with a smile.

        My mission is to go to the planet Zygerria, home of Zygerrian slavers,  And buy as many slaves as possible, in disguise.  Once I have bought them I will take them back to their homes and set them free.

"Remember, you're known as the Crime lord Kayan Star."

"Got it." I say, staring out into the hyperspace tunnel out the front windows of my ship.  

Hyperspace tunnels are so pretty,  they're like blue marble.  

An alarm goes off, indicating that we are dropping out of lightspeed.  The planet is pretty much an ugly toffee brown with little dark patches that are probably storms or cities.  My co-pilot and I speed up toward the planet.  We need to get there before an auction.

 We're finally close enough that I can see the buildings of the capital city, when I put on my helmet and voice modulator.  The ship is about to land, so I quickly walk over to the door.  I need to save as many people as possible and get the hell out of here.  The ship rattles a little indicating that we've landed.  The door slowly starts to open.

"Hello.  Kayan Star, I assume." An older, shorter zygerrian greets me.

"You assume correctly."

" I believe you are here for some... workers."

        The zygerrian talking to me is small, probably an inch shorter than me without the helmet.  He's escorted by two large guards with stun sticks and  zygerrian armor.

 Great, they're going to be hard to overpower if I'm recognized and have to escape.  

Zygerrians are wolf-men with big ears and fangs.  They're normally super strong and very intimidating, but I travel all the time, I'm used to other species.

"Workers, servants, slaves.  Call them what you want, but I need people."

"Ah, then you are in the right place my friend.  Come.  If we move quickly you can make it to the next auction."

"I will attend the auction, but after that I intend to choose my workers personally."

"As you wish Mr. Star."

"Off we go, I intend to get to the auction on time."

        We walk for the next fifteen minutes through the winding streets of the city.  Passing vendors and their customers along with shops and housing.  Then finally we walk onto a main street that leads to some kind of stadium.

        The stadium rises maybe four stories and is a coffee color.  I'm sure it can hold hundreds of buyers.  There are lifts every fifty feet and small access doors on the ground level.  I'm sure the slaves are being held underground.  Poor people.  They're being treated like livestock, instead of living beings.  I will be saving as much as I can, but especially the elderly, women and children.  Men might have a chance here to survive, but the others won't.

"I assume that the auction is being held there."

"Yes sir, that's the auction arena."

"I assume that I will have a good seat, considering I will be buying a large portion of the slaves."