Chapter 24: Ahsoka

I wake up to sobbing.  I look down to find Lavender clutching the fabric of my skirt and crying into my chest.  I wrap my arms around her tighter and rub her back.  I whisper soothing words into her ear. (don't say Twi'lek don't have ears)  I stroke her lekku and try to calm her.  It doesn't stop her, so I let go of her and try to loosen Lux's grip around me.  It doesn't work, in fact he holds me tighter.  I sigh and give up.  Lavender giggles at this.

"Oh you think this is funny?"  I whisper, not wanting to wake Lux.

She nods her head and giggles again.  I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around her.  She snuggles into my chest and soon we both fall asleep.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I wake up to empty spaces behind and infront of me.  I sit up looking around, the door is open.  Fearing the worst I jump out of bed and grab my weapons belt and clipping my sabers on it.  I quietly walk out of the room and through the halls.  I walk  to the mess hall first, figuring if  they weren't taken they were just getting food.  I walk into the mess hall to find them sitting at a table with a girl.  She's human, but she looks to be as strong if not stronger then a Wookie.  Her light brown hair is striped with blond and red highlights that almost look unnatural.  her hair is pulled into a low ponytail, with fallen hairs framing her face.  She has lightly tanned skin that is sprinkled with freckles.  She has calculating amber eyes and full eyelashes.  She wears green cargo pants and a camo compression top.  Her wrists are decorated with paracord bracelets of all colors.   She can't be more then fourteen. I walk up and sit down next to Lux and across from the girl.

"You must be Ahsoka." She says in a kind, but strong voice.

I nod my head.

"I should introduce myself.  I'm Serenity." She says holding out her hand.

I shake it and start to pull away, but she hangs on looking at my ring.

"Cool a kyber crystal, oh and congrats."  She says

She's smart and observant,  I like her.  She lets goes of my hand and nods her head to Lux. 

"Excuse me, but I have to go get my stuff.  We're arriving soon."  She says.

Lux slides over a plate of waffles and I wolf them down.  Once finished I clasp Lux's hand.

"So, what's our next stop?" I ask.

"Tatooine."  he says.

The ship lurches,  we've jumped out of hyperspace.   I slide out of my seat and stand up.  Lux stands with me.  I walk around and pick up Lavender, while Lux puts away our trays and plates.  We walk down the halls of the ship back towards our room.  

"Hey, Lavy?" i ask

"Hmm."

"Lux and I want you to live with us,  we want you to be part of our family."  I say looking at Lux, he just smiles.

Lavender sits up from my shoulder and I shift her to my hip.

"Really?"

"Really." Lux and I say at the same time.

"But,  i thought you didn't have any family?" she asks

"Well we do now." Lux says with a smile.

"Does that mean I get to come with you on Tatooine?"  she asks excitedly, she clearly hasn't heard of Tatooine.

"I guess you kind of have to."  I say as we walk into the room.

I set Lavender on the bed and go to the suit cases against the wall I open up the first one, pulling out my long white cloak and a smaller brown one.  I grab a small leather satchel and put in an extra set of clothes for each of us along with rations and tree extra pistols.  I readjust my belt hiding my sabers in the folds of my skirt.  I also slip on my combat boots and clip my knives on the inside of the boots.  Lux  adjusts his weapons belt and grabs a cloak from a closet in his room.  I grab a strip of leather from one of my bags.  I lift Lavender of the bed and set her on the floor.  I sit on my knees and tie the leather around her waist I then clip two small throwing knives on each side.  I look her strat in the eye holding her hands.