Chapter 3: To be or not to be a Jedi

Ahsoka Tano:
That Zygerrian slaver has me locked in the hold.  I can't get out unless I use the force, and I can't.  Then they'll know I'm a Jedi and I'll be killed for sure.  I just got sold to some warlord. I don't know who he is but hopefully he's kind to Togruta.  I still can't get over the fact that I felt something when my eyes met his.  I felt a presence I haven't felt since the Clone Wars.  I don't know for sure but I think I have an idea of who it could be.  I decided to meditate.  I might as well.  Maybe it will make the time pass.  

         It's feels as if it has been hours.  I can't meditate.  I can't sleep.  All I can do is sit in the middle of my cell and hum the lullaby Master Plo used to sing to the younglings in the temple.  I've just been sitting closed legged with my eyes closed, and hymning the same song over and over.  

"Hmm... don't remember a lullaby like that.  Although not many hear lullabies at all anymore."

I opened my eyes and looked around. "Who are you?" I ask.

"A slave. Just like you."

The voice has an accent that I haven't heard since the Battle of Ryloth.  He's Twi'lek, strong, but still young, maybe younger than me.  I understand why someone would want him.  He'll be a strong guard or worker, while I'll probably be used as a bed toy or a servant.  

I hate slaver scum.

"Do... Do you know who it is that bought us?" The boy asks, his voice quivering a bit.

"Some warlord named Kayan Star," I respond, wishing I had more information.

"Kayan Star.  I've never heard his name before."

"Yeah, me neither."

I hear footsteps thunking down the corridor and quickly stop talking.  A Zygerrian, those stupid dogman slavers, practically drags in an only semi-conscious Wookie across the floor.  It kinda looked like Chewbacca, actually. I walk toward the cell door and watch as he is dragged past my cell.

"Chewie?"

"Rrrrru..."

"Chewie!  You're alive Chewie your..."

"Shutup Togruta Trash."

He sticks a stun stick into the cell and zaps me, send a buzzing pain through my torso.

"Ahhhh... Stop you filthy slaver... Ahhhhh."

"Think again before speaking to a superior like that again."

"Ye... ye...yes sir."

The Slaver continues dragging Chewie away.  And I sit down with a thump.  If only I could show them.  If only I could use my je...  No.  I'll die if anyone finds out.  If anyone finds out...  I smiled to myself mentally

"Hey, wolfman.  I think you didn't shock me enough."

"Togruta, don't do that you're going to get yourself killed." the twi'lek boy from earlier whispers.

"Don't call me by my race.  My name is Ahsoka, now everyone stay silent and I'll get us out here trust me."

"How are you going to..."

A thud sounds and the dogman rushes toward my cage again with his zap stick buzzing.

"Togruta trash.  How dare you call me that," he growls, barring his teeth at me.

"I can call you anything I want."

"That's it."he says as he turns up his stun stick.

Great, he fell for the trap.