hey becky

"I'll be right with you boys!" Yelled Ms. Rowland.

At the entrance stood Tate, Timmothy, and Mikey. I could just feel the irritation coming off of Rebecca at this very moment. I honestly didn't know what to do. She rolled her eyes and started aggressively sipping her sweet tea.

"Why can't I ever go a day without seeing those pendejos? You know what I'm not going to let this ruin our night. I'm chilling with my new bestie...." she began to talk and ramble on and on. But I was too distracted to pay attention.

Tate had a cut on his cheek. I remembered Rebecca saying something about Tate being a boxer and a trainer hired by his dad. He must of just finished a match. He wore a white shirt with a red flannel jacket that had cream fur inside it. He looked good. Though I was kind of upset that he covered his tats on his arms. He was smiling and laughing with his brothers. His laugh was kind of cute. It was a kind of laugh that made you smile. Soft and sweet.

He suddenly looked in our direction and we locked eyes. He looked me up and down as if he was checking me out and the nudged both his brothers.

"Hello....Earth to Loni? Were you listening?" I averted my eyes from the boys and looked back at her, then she turned and saw who I was looking at. "Were you making googoo eyes at Tate again?" She asked. I could feel my cheeked get red.

"N-no." I stuttered.

"Wow that was so convincing. If you like him so much do you want me to-" she took a breath in the middle of her sentence, as if she was reluctant, "introduce the two of you!" She said. I could feel that she really didn't want to.

I shook my head no. "No it's fine. I'll crush from afar. Besides, I'm probably not his type." I said. We glance over to them and see that Ms. Rowland was leading them right to us.

Rebecca got more agitated the closer they got. When they were finally in front of us, Rebecca looked at her straw and sweet tea and avoided all eye contact. However Mikey was staring at Rebecca the whole time.

"Boys, your table will be right here." She said and laid three menus down at the table.

"We'll sit here."said Mikey. Mikey slid next to an already pissed off Rebecca. And Tate sat next to me. Timmothy just pulled up a chair from the table and sat in the middle of the aisle.

My heart began beating so fast. I was extremely nervous. My head began to get a little light and my breathing. Okay Meloni. Breathe. I looked out the window and started counting the cars that passed us, to focus on my breathing and on anything else besides the hot guys surrounding us.

"You good?" Tate said. His voice was smooth. It literally made me melt. I nodded my head.

"Becks, is it cool that we sit here?" Timmothy asked with a worried look on his face. She looked up at him ignoring Mike completely. "Your already sat down, there not much I can do now." She said. Ms. Rowland moved the menus over to our table and sat them gently in front of the boys.

"Can I get you boys some drinks?" She asked
"Sweet tea." Said Mikey
"Water." Said Tate
"Milk." Said Timmothy. We all looked at him a little strange. "What? Milk is good for the bones." He said with an awkward smile. I giggled.

"Ok. Girls? Are you ready to order your food?" Ms. Rowland asked. Rebecca put another fake smile on her face and said, "Could you actually give us a few more minutes?"

Ms. Rowland nodded. "I'll be right back with your drinks." She walked away and the awkward silence was even more prominent. Rebecca was still staring at her almost empty cup of tea and Mikey was still staring at her.

He was staring at her as if he would never see her again. It was like he was studying her face. The way he was staring at her reminded me of the way my dad would stare at my mom. It can't be? Does Micheal like Rebecca? Damn that must suck, cause she clearly can't stand his ass. "Hey Becky." He said with a smug tone. You could just hear him smiling as he said it.

Me, Tate and Timmothy collectively cringed at the nickname. "What do you want Micheal?" She said in a stern tone.

"The same old. Forgiveness and friendship." He said with a smile. Though his words came out a little cocky, I could tell he was sincerely by the look in his eyes. "It's what we all want, Rebecca." Timmothy said.

"We miss you." Tate chimed. At this moment I was completely in the dark. I had no clue what was going on. "Forgiveness is easy. But friendship is a different story. I don't think we will ever be able to build that trust as friends again. And besides, I'm with my friend tonight, and it a girls only party."

"Your friend doesn't mind us being here, do you...? Uh sorry I forgot your name?" Tate said.

I looked at him shocked. We literally met earlier today and he already forgot my name. Am I that forgettable? Before I could respond, Becks answered for me, "Her name is Meloni. And I would truly like to get back to hanging out with my friend....alone." She said she seemed annoyed.

I stayed quiet. I feel as if it is not my place to speak. I will just sit here and observe. I'll chime in if I feel thing are getting out of hand.

"Look when we were kid we didn't really know how to handle the whole situation, but now that we are a little older, we realized that we were a bit insensitive and cruel." Mike said.

"We?" Tim and Tate said at the same time. "Don't do that. Because though he was the one to say the ignorant things, you two sat there and followed right behind him. You are just as guilty." Rebecca said staring at Tim and Tate. There heard laid low and they didn't speak.

I could tell that this was going to be a long night.