little owl

.....wait did he just call me little owl.

"You know my name is Meloni, right?" I said. I made sure my breathing was controlled and even. I refuse for this conversation to be the reason I pass out today. Get your shit together lungs.

"Yeah, I know your name, Miriam. But little owl sounds cuter." He said with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes and began walking toward the front of the school where Becks was waiting. I could tell that Tate was following quietly behind me. But I tried my best to ignore his distracting presence.

"Why are you following me?" I ask as I start increasing my speed slightly.

"What makes you think I'm following you? We could just be going in the same direction?" He said smoothly, while matching my paste with ease.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to the front. I opened the doors at the front of the school and was met with a nervous looking Beck and a smiling Kyle.

"You two look cozy?" Said Tate from behind me. There attention soon moved to us and Beck came running.

"Are you sure your ok?"Asked Becks as she grabbed my hands in hers. I couldn't help but smile. I nodded my head and a sigh of relief went through her.

"I'm sorry about my brother. He's always been a dick." Kyle said.

"I'm sorry you have him as a brother." I said. Like I said I don't like the fucker but damn, a brother like that must be torture.

"Thomas was bothering you?" Tate said from behind us. 

Becks attention was now on an annoyed looking Tate. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"We told you to steer clear of him." He said

"Well for your information, it wasn't me he was harassing this time. And I can handle my self." She said with her arms crossed of her chest.

"He was being a dick to goody two shoes over here. But she held her own pretty well against him." Kyle said with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Doesn't matter who he was harassing. The guys a fucking psycho. No disrespect, Kyle." Kyle shook his head.

"No your not wrong. My brother is piece of shit. Biggest embarrassment of my life. And Tates right. Steer clear of him. Just to be safe." Kyle said. I nodded my head.

"We will be perfectly fine boys. Now I'm hungry. You ready?" Becks said. I nodded at her and looped my arms around her.

"Where are you guys going?" Tate said. Becks rolled her eyes and her shoulders slumped.

"Well we are going to the diner to feed me, if you must know." She said.

"We can just eat at my house. We even have a new chef. He's quite good." He said with an evil smirk across his lips. I removed my arm from around Becks and before I could understand what my body was doing I was in front of Tate.

"Listen to me and listen well. I could give two flying fucks about what you say about me. I could care less if you actually ever remember my name. But one thing that will get you kicked in the balls and unable to have kids, is you disrespecting my father. Cool, my father works for you, he's the help. But he is also a world renowned chef who ran and sold several multi-million dollars restaurants while also raising a child by himself. And the only reaso-" before I could finish I felt and a hand around my arm.

"Hey. Breathe chupacabra. You just out here destroying everyone today. He probably didn't mean if in a rude way, right Tate?" Said a worried Becks.

That stupid smirk was still on his face. "Yeah. I meant nothing by it. I swear it, little owl." I rolled my eyes. I took a deep breathe and tried stabilizing my breathing without making it obvious.

"Whatever, let's go eat." I looped my arm around Becks. We began walking away from a smiling Tate.

"Bye, little owl." He said. I didn't look back and kept walking. I could feel him baring a whole in the back of my skull.

"Hey Kyle, I'll call you once I get home." He nodded his head as response and waved Becks goodbye. We began walking to her car.