my names tate

"Your right, and we are sorry." Said Timmothy

"How can we make this up to you?" Tate exclaimed. They all stared at her, anxiously waiting for her response. I never expected them to be so attentive.

"I need time to think. And when that time comes, when I've decided, we are gonna have to talk about something's that are gonna make all of you uncomfortable. But for now..." she took a breath, "I'll think about it." She said. Mike began to smile slightly and so did Tim and Tate.

"Now if you'll excuse me. It's getting late and I need to take Meloni home." She stood and began scooting her way pass Mikey. I looked at Tate.

"Excuse me." I said. He moved out of the way for me to walk out of the booth. We were almost out the door til Tate stopped us. "Wait could we at least get you new phone number, so we can text or call you." He said.

She stopped and grabbed a pin from the counter top of the bar and a napkin from the table and began scribbling her number down. She walked back to Tate and handed it to him. "There." And she walked away. I waved goodbye to the boys and the followed behind her.

The drive was quiet, she seemed to be thinking the entire time. When we arrived to my house, I turned to look at her. "You okay?" I asked.

She took a breath and shook her head no. "You know a lot of people would say that not being okay is a bad thing. But I think everyone has moment where there not ok. It just a part of life. It's okay that your not okay. Look, I don't know what's wrong or what happened between you and the Mancini boys, but I just want you to know that I'm here." She smiled and I reached over and gave her a hug.

"Do you think I should trust them?" She whispered. I pulled away from her and looked her questioningly.

" I can't really give you an answer without knowing the full story, but they sounded sincere and I can tell that they truly love you. They wouldn't of begged for your trust and forgiveness if they didn't." I said. She nodded her head.

"Thanks, Loni. I know I've only known you for a few days but you truly are the best amiga I have ever had."she said with a smile. "See you tomorrow around 3?" She said I nodded my head.

"Alright see you the chica." She said. I slowly made my way out of her car but before I made it to my door. She yelled for me one last time. "One more thing before I go," I turn to look at her through her blinding car lights, "the number I gave Tate, was yours. Love you bye. See you tomorrow." She quickly began pulling of the driveway before I was able to respond.

She did WHAT?

All most perfect timing, my phone began to ring. I picked it up and closely brought it to my ear.

"H-hello?" My voice came out shaky.

"Hey is this Rebeccas phone?" The voice on the other end asked.

"And whose asking?" I already knew who it was but just in case.

"My names Tate." He said

Well fuck me.

I mentally screamed to myself. I'm gonna kill Rebecca.

"Hello? Hello? Who is this?" He asked.

"Maybe it's not her number?" Timmothy said on the other side of the phone.

"She would definitely do that." Mikey said.

I took a breath and before talking. You can do this. No stuttering or getting nervous he's just a dude. "Hey guys, this is Meloni, Rebecca gave Tate my number instead of hers, I guess." I tried my best to sound cool but I think it came out kind of shaky.

"Who?" He said. Wow that's rude. "Dude, she was the girl you were sitting next to, the one in Ms. Robinsons class, we literally saw her earlier today."

"Oh the quiet one with a staring problem. Well could you give us her number." He said.

Wow. He was bit of a dick. "With all due respect I don't feel comfortable giving out her number to you. She said she will talk to you when she is ready. Rushing her will on make her want to talk to you less." I said. You could tell by the sound of my voice that I had a bit of an attitude. But she did tell them that she needed space and rushing to contact her is the exact opposite of that. Besides, I'm a little sour at the fact that he still hasn't remembered my name.

"Whatever you say Mildred." Tate said with a chuckle. Now he's just doing it on purpose.

"Listen here buddy, my names Meloni. M. E. L. O. N. I. Meh-lawn-ee. It's not that hard. So you shove that Mildred up your ass. Along with your oversized ego. Have goodnight." I hung up the phone and mentally began punching the air.

I can't believe that he talks to people like that. I mean sheesh that is not how you talk to woman. And I don't have a staring problem, I just like looking at pretty things and that Jack ass just so happens to be a pretty boy. Note to future self, find better crushes, because from that one conversation, I don't think me and him are going to get along at all.

I'm not gonna lie his face is nice to look at and all but the guy didn't even have the audacity to at least try to remember my name. And I'm not quiet. I talk a lot.....it's just in my head mostly.

I rolled my ayes and made my way in the house, the smell of cooked meat hit my nose like a truck. "Hey Nemo, did you eat at all?" My dad screamed from the kitchen. The mention of food made my stomach growl. I had just realized that me and Becks didn't eat anything at the restaurant. "Yeah. What you make!?" I screamed back. I kicked off my shoes and made my way to the kitchen where my dad was.

"Well I made some hamburgers and fries. Nothing too special." I moved over to the half of the island that had seating and sat in-front of my dad as he finished cooking the burgers. My dad was a major cook. He always wanted to open his very one restaurant, however because of everything that went on when I was a kid, he couldn't really achieve that dream.

"Nothing extravagant tonight? Like some crazy new Italiano recipe?" I joked.

"Yeah. Not tonight." He said. His sounded distracted and irritated. He's been this way for the past few days as if there was something he was afraid to tell me.

"Pops? What's wrong? You've been kind of distracted the last few days?" I asked him. He avoided my eyes and took a breath. He turned off the stove and then looked directly at me.

"Before you say no. I really want you think it over. For me, okay?" He pleaded. He walked around the island and stood in front of me and grabbed my hands. "Okay?" I nodded my head. My stomach turned. I was terrified what he was going to say.

"Your mom, she wants to see you." His words came out shaken and I pulled my hands out his so quick, someone would've thought he burned.

"No thank you." I said coldly. I truly wanted nothing to do with her.

"Nemo please? Just think about it?" He tried to grab my hands again. I quickly mad my way out of the chair and took a step away from him.

"I thought about it. And my first thought and my second thought was the same. No."

"Meloni, she's your moth-" I cut him off immediately before he could even finish his word.

"Respectfully, No. Now may I be excused?" He took a breath of defeat and nodded his head. I turned and began to make my way up stairs.

"Did you want me to bring you your food!?" He yelled after me.

"No I'm not hungry." I said and made my way to my room.

John David Washington as Xavier (Meloni's Dad)