fighting for fun

Lunch came a lot quicker than expected. Me and Becks met outside of my class as always and made our way into cafeteria to get our food. As we moved out of the line to our table we are spotted a bruised Kyle. He sat down next to Becks with a smile and Becks face filled with concern.

"Hola beauties, how's it-" before he could finish Becks hand shot up to his bruised cheek. She rubbed it softly and Kyle lightly grimaced at the action.

"I'm so sorry." She said in a whisper. He smiled at her and patted her head reassuringly. "It's not your fault my brothers a dick. And besides I stepped in to help him, so I kind of set my self up." He said.

I watched the two of them in silence. Becks playing mother hen and checking his other injuries and he's just beaming like a 10 year old in a candy store. I don't think they even remember that I'm here. I cleared my throat trying to get there attention but I was only able to grasp Kyles.

He looked at Becks and then at me and then behind me for some reason. His facial expression fell and he began to pull her off gently. "Hey Becks. Don't get me wrong, it's always been my dream to have a hot Latina women touching my body all sexy like, but maybe we shouldn't do it with an audience."

His eyes were still behind me and Becks gaze was there too. I decided to turn around and see what there were looking at. And I was met with all three Mancini boys in the lunch line staring at our table. Mike looked furious.

Becks rolled her eyes. "I could care less about those, pendejos. After the shit they pulled, they'll be lucky I speak to them after this group project." She said with an annoyed tone with her attention back on Kyle.

The sudden pull of the chairs next to me made me jump. I watched as Tate and Tim sat on either side of me. I glanced over at Becks, her attention was still on Kyle, as Mike moved to the seat on the other side of her.

The silence at the table was deafening. You could have heard a rose petal fall on the ground.

"Here." Said Tate as he slid a paper over to me. I took it from him and flipped it over. And saw my once black and white sketch beautifully colored in. The background was a beautiful emerald green. And the three hearts sat in the middle of the paper casting a shadow making it look like they were sitting on something like even though there was nothing there. The hearts on the outside looked like they were cover in black tar and the black from both side slowly began cover the beautiful red heart in the middle. The head in the middle looked like it was a illuminating light, but it was slowly getting snuffed out by the darkness that was now surrounding it.

Though the drawing was simple before the way he gave like to it with color and texture mad it seem alive. "Wow...this is beautiful." I murmured to myself.

The paper was suddenly snatched out of my hand by Becks. She looked it over with a smile. "Looks great. Can't wait to see the final product. You will two work well together." She said with a smirk as the paper began being moved around the table.

"Yeah me and little owl here are good match, aren't we buddy?" He said as he put his arm around my shoulder engulfing me into him. I was now flushed against him and I hadn't realized our size difference until now. My body stilled and my cheeks were aflame.

"Little owl?" Tim said questioningly.

"Yeah. It's his new nickname for her." Becks said with her smile getting larger. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Cause of the staring??" Mike asked still giving glances between Kyle and Becks who were still giving flirty looks here and there. I'm pretty sure Becks could feel him staring, but she's just choosing to ignore Mikes presence completely.