nervous

"Can you promise me something?" I asked Becks.

She looked up at me with a mouth full of burger. I laughed.

"Promise me, you won't tell anyone. And also don't treat me any different. Actually, just act like you never found out." I asked.

She began chewing her food and held her hand up as if to tell me to wait til she can respond. Once she was finished she looked me in the face and grabbed my hands. "I have no idea what your talking about?" She said with a warm smile. I could feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes and she slowly raised her hand to my cheek.

"Thank you." I said.

"I know what it feels like to be seen as just one thing rather that what you truly are. I am more than what my dna says I am. And your more than a sickness." She said with a warm smile.

All my life my sickness was who I was. It was basically the only thing people saw when they met me. The girl with the weak heart. And I hated it. And I'm finally able to live a semi normal life. With no one seeing me as a patient or a burden.

This is all I ever wanted, and I'm willing to risk my life for it. Hell they say it's a miracle I've lived this long, and with whatever time I have left I'm going to spend it on my terms. I'm happy that I found someone who understood.

After we ate, we made our way to the Mancini residence.

"So, seeing Tate twice in one day? How do you feel? Nerviosa?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

I took a breath and nodded my head. I'll be honest out of everything that happened today, I was most nervous with my interaction with Tate. I know that may seem stupid, but I'm used to ignorant people who try to push me around because I'm small and frail. I'm used to people ignorant. You'd be surprised how mans dumb asses you meet in the hospital. But a crush was something new to me. Especially, with a guy like Tate. And now we're head to his house......I'm literally shitting my pants as we speak.

"Yo tambien. But we are both strong and independent women who have been through hell and back." She said with a nervous smile.

I nodded my head. Not sure if I was trying to agree or convince myself. "Your right. I mean we literally beat the odds when everyone thought we couldn't. What are three measly boy gonna do to us?" I said not completely believing my self.

We stood in front of what looked like a palace in complete in utter disbelief. "This place still looks unreal." Becks muttered under her breath.

"How man people live here? Looks like you could fit a fucking village in there?" I said as pick my jaw up from the floor.

We stood at the entrance for what felt like a lifetime. You could say were admiring the scenery but in all honesty we're just terrified to knock on the door.

In front of us were some steps that lead to the big ass twenty foot door. I nudged Becks in her arm trying to get her attention. "You gonna knock on it?" I asked.

Her head swung towards me. "You want me to knock? Why can't you do it?"

"Girl, you been here before not me." I said

"Roberto has been here before, Rebecca, nunca, never stepped foot in this house." She said

"Fine." My fist moved slowly towards the large door and two knocks echoed through out the front of the house.

The door suddenly began to open and me and Becks grasped each other tightly. "I'm still nervous." She said to herself.

So am I, girl. So am I.

The door slowly opened and we were greeted with an old man in a black suit.He was a tall slender man with a grey mustache and beard. He was quite handsome actually.

"Hey John." Rebecca said sheepishly. And a glimmer in the old mans eyes sparkled. A smile soon spread across his face.

"My god! Robby! Oh I'm sorry. Rebecca. You look beautiful." He walked to her and embraced her with open arms. He had a very thick Irish accent.

"Your fine. I've missed you." She said her voice seemed to choke.

"I had thought you had moved or something. I havent seen you since you were a wee little thing. I heard what happened between you and your family. I'm so sorry, little one." He said as he stepped out of the embrace.

"We must catch up later, yes?" He asked and she shook her head yes with excitement. "Good. The young masters are waiting for ya in the lounge room. Nothings changed so you should know your way about. You two go ahead and I'll go get those snacks to bring to ya." He said as he lead us into the house. As soon as we walk in we are greeted with a two way hallway filled with art.

Thomas made his way down the left hallway. "Well he seems sweet. See you were nervous for nothing." I said.

She wore a slight smile. "I missed him. When I was a kid he would always make me laugh. And make me feel accepted. He was the only other grown up that didn't disappoint me." She said. I couldnt help but have a sad smile. I understood what that felt like. To have almost every singe adult around you fail you, except for the small few who make it all worth it.

She took a deep breath and grabbed my ram once again. "Shall we." She asked. Her voice seemed to quiver. I could tell she was scared. I nodded my head and pulled her closer to me, just to let her know that I'm here for her. Even though, I'm also having a mental breakdown. New places always made me nervous, but I had to suck it up for my bestie.

We began to walk down the right highway and it was filled with family pics and strange art. It looked like something streaking of a magazine. It was like walking through a museum. "They are from all of Mr. Mancini's travels. That pendejo had been everywhere."

She begins to pull me further down the hall and it honestly felt like we were walking forever til we were met with the end and the only way to go was left. She stopped suddenly. We were now facing the blank white wall in front of us.

"You ok?" I asked

She nodded. "Just preparing myself. You ready?" She asked. I nodded. We took the sharp left and were suddenly in the most expensive looking living room in existence. Chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, a couch that damn near filled the entire room, a rug the size of my room. Painting here, paintings there. There was also a TV the size of my house next to where we were standing.

I knew there were rich but this was ridiculous. I mean me and my dad got money but we wasn't anything close to this. Jesus Christ almighty above.

Behind the enormous couch was a white staircase heading up stairs. "We're going downstairs to the lounge room." She began to pull me toward the staircase behind the couch. Once we were there I saw the stairs that went down into another area. "Oh wow." Was literally all I was able to say.

As we descended down the steps we were met with an eager Mike and already annoyed looking Tate, but now sign of Tim. "Hey guys. Welcome to our humble home. Or should I say welcome back in some cases." He said with a smirk while looking at Becks. She ignored him.

"Your house is ridiculous." I said with a smile. Tate laughed.

"Your dad said the same thing." He said with a smirk. I flipped him off with a happy smile.

"Where's Tim?"said Becks. Her arm never leaving mine.

"He had football practice, so it'll just be us four tonight."Mike said.

Me and Becks shared a nervous glance at each other. Tim was literally the only reason either of us agreed on coming. "Oh goody." We say quietly.

"Come on and sit down ladies. We don't bite." Tate said making direct eye contact with me. My heart did a jump that damn near had me on my ass. This man is literally not good for my health.

"Unless you ask, that is." Mike said slyly. Rebecca pulled me closer to her. We were so screwed.