a little fun

He held me close. "Good?"

I nodded. "I'm good." This conversation was a heavy one. Why we were having it in the middle of our fake prom, I have no clue. And yet it felt right.

Once he thought I was ready, asked,"What happened with your mom?"

"She would visit sometimes, but only for money. I barely ever saw her but whenever I did my resent for her grew. My dad divorced a few weeks after I was born. And when I was older he sold his company because he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible. They told him that I probably wouldn't live to see my teenage years." I said with a dark chuckle.

A silence fell over us and Tate pulled away slightly so we could see each other's face. "Thank you." He said

I looked at him confused. "For?"

"Surviving." He said with a straight face, but that one word was filled with so much love and respect it almost made my knees melt.

I moved my arms from around his waist and moved them to around his shoulders. I began to look up at him and a small smile graced my lips. "Your welcome, my Tate."

A small cocky smirk graced his face. "My Tate?"

I nodded.

He brought his forehead down and put on mine. "I like it."

"Now o have a few questions for you?" I said with a smile and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Go for it." He said.

"When you said that your mom taught you how to paint, did you mean Jada?"I asked.

He answered without hesitation. "Yes and No. My mom taught Jada and Jada taught me. So in away both my moms taught me I guess."

"So you do consider Jada you mother?" It was probably a stupid question but I still wanted him to answer.

It took him a little longer to answer this question. He gave me a sheepish nod. "She's more of a mother and father than the great Mancini ever was." I could feel the resentment radiating off him, so decided to change the subject.

"One more question." I said

He nodded.

"What's your tattoo?" I asked I wanted to see it since the day we met and I had a few good opportunities to see them but i was too busy......with other activities.....that I forgot to look.

The Mancini smile was plastered all over his face, and I couldn't help but role my eyes. "Oooh. Is my little owl curious. You wanna peek?" He said whispering in my ear. I slapped his chest lightly. Even though the answer would be HELL YES, I wanna peek.

He chuckled. "Well since you asked so nicely." He said sarcastically. "It a tree and roots. The roots are connected to a heart. And some of the branches names of people I love in them or above them." He said cooly.

I wonder, "How many names are there?" I asked.

"Five but I would like to add one more. If things go right?" He said looking directly at me. I could feel my whole body warm. Jesus he was a good flirt.

The rest of the night was amazing. We drank. We ate. We danced. And we laughed. And by the time it was over we were all exhausted.

"Alright, kiddos. Time for us to head back." Said Tyler. We exchanged our goodbyes, I gave Tim and Becks quick kisses on the cheek, and Becks pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you, chica. Ill see you tomorrow." I nodded. I hugged Mrs. Robinson and she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Mike just nodded at me and I couldn't help my roll my eyes, and when I finally made it to Tate i grabbed him and held him close and I was reluctant to let go. "Thank you." I squeezed him tighter.