nobody....

So this is what Mr. Mancini looks like. No wonder all his kids are drop dead gorgeous.

"You were supposed to be at training today, but now I see why you weren't." He said. His gaze flitted to me. I felt like squirming under his gaze but I held my ground.

Tate stayed quiet. Should I introduce myself? But there was no point. Tate already did it. Remember? Your nobody.

"Does nobody have an actual name?" Mr. Mancini said looking directly at me. Damn. No need to rub it in.

I could see Tate getting ready to say something, so cut him off before he could. "My name is Meloni." I said with a small smile, as I walked up to him and offered my hand.

He calmly accepted and shook it. "Meloni? Xaviers daughter?" He asked. His smile faltered for a second.

I just nodded my head.

"Does your father know your here?" He said as we pulled our hands away. I shook my head no.

I'll be honest I had completely forgot to tell him where I was going. He probably thinks that I went straight home after school.

"How about you get your stuff, head downstairs and let him know your here?" Mr. Mancini said with a smile. Jesus that Mancini smile is ridiculously attractive.

I nodded grabbed my stuff and left without saying a word or glancing at Tate.

When I was downstairs I made my way to the kitchen. It was just my dad today, since there wasn't a business meeting or anything. He always looked so concentrated when he cooked. I knew he loved it. And that's why I hated the fact he sold his restaurants. I knew it made him happy, but he always said I made him happier. And that he would do it again if it meant spending as much time with as possible.

When I was younger, my heart and lungs were a lot worst. Mostly because they weren't as strong, I mean they aren't that strong now, but doctors didn't thing I would make to my teens. And here I am.

I wonder if he regrets it? Does he even have any regrets? I do. I regret coming today. I should've listened to my intuition and left him standing alone at his car. I should've of ignored at lunch. I should've-

"Meloni?" My dad said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "What are you doing here?" He put down everything and began to walk over to me.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" He said and pulled me into a hug. My arm immediately went around his waist and I laid my head on his chest.

"Nothing." I said.

"Then why are you crying?" He said as he pulled back a little to see my face. His hand went to my chin to wipe away a tear.

I hadn't even realized I was crying. "Meloni?" He lifted my head up so I was looking at him. "What's wrong?" He said more firmly.

I didn't want to tell him what was actually wrong. What the hell am supposed to say.

'Oh yeah. I'm head over heels for your bosses kid. But he only sees me a play toy. He thinks I'm a nobody. And I feel like my heart is in my ass cheek.'

My dads gaze seemed to become even more worried. Lord Meloni say something. "Why can't I be normal?"I regretted the words as soon as the left my lips.

His face immediately sunk. Why did I say that out of all things? Tears began to flood my vision, and I choked out a sob. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that . I just...I just want to have a normal life. But because I'm like this we can't." I said as I hurried my head deeper into his chest.

"Did something happen with one of the boys?" His voice went low. With a tinge of something violent. My dad was never really a violent person. I only ever saw him get angry once. But most of the time he would always a smile for me.

"Are you gonna tell me what going on?" He asked gently.

"Later, once i figure out what I want to do. I'll tell you it all then. Deal?"

"Deal." He said as he rubbed my back and kissed my head. After a minute or two, he pulled away from me and wiped my face. "Hey, why don't we go home and have a nice little Daddy/daughter night? We'll make your fave pancakes. Binge watch Dexter or Hanibal, while curled up under some cozy blankets."

"And popcorn?" I said between sniffles.

He chuckled. "And popcorn."

"Okay." I said.

"Give me 20 minutes, I just gotta finish up there dinner and desert and we'll be on our way." He kissed me on the forehead.

"Can you give me the keys I'll wait in the car." I really just didnt want to be in the house.

"You sure?" He said already reaching for the keys. I nodded my head and grabbed them from him.

"I'll only be 15 to 20 minutes." He said and I walked to the car.

For that whole 20 minutes......I cried.

Michele Morrone as Mr. Mancini