intruder

After Tate hung up, I waited for Becks to call me but she never did and I ended up falling asleep. Actually, let me rephrase, I tried going to sleep and failed, and when I finally did,I only slept for a few hours. I was up majority of the night worried. What was Tate and Mike going to do? What was going on?

When morning came I was exhausted, and I knew I should probably try to get some type of sleep, but I was tired of laying in this bed. It was around 6 or 7, and my mind was still on Tate. Last night, he seemed so annoyed s to the point he had actually said my name. If I wasn't so frustrated, I'd probably scream with joy.

I tried to fall asleep but my body refused. I looked at the clock. 7:30. It was time for me to take my meds. I rolled out of bed and took out the IV's that were in my arms, and walked over to the bathroom. The house was quieter than usual. My dad was usually up making breakfast and getting ready to leave for work. He must've still been sleep. After taking those stupid ass meds and made my way down stairs.

I began to cook my dads favorite breakfast. "Nemo?" A gruffly voice said. My dad emerged from the steps and made his way to me.

"What are you doing up?" He asked as he sat across from me.

"I couldn't really sleep and I wanted to make you breakfast, kind of as a sorry for being selfish." I said as I began to make his plate.

I put the plate of pancakes, eggs, bacon, and grits in front of him and pored him a drink of orange juice. As I did all of this he stayed quiet as if he was thinking things over. It kind of made me nervous but I didn't say anything.

"Loni, the only thing I want from you is to get better and communicate. That's it. If your not ready to talk to your mom, fine. Consider her gone. But yo not taking your pills and the inhaler at all. That's gotta stop. If you wanted to take alternate steps or do something else, all you had to do was tell me. We used to talk all the time. And I know with my new job everything has been a little-" before he could finish, I made my way around the counter and stood infront of him.

"Dad. I was selfish and stupid and didn't really think about my actions. It had nothing to do with your job. I'm actually happy that you got one now. So you have something to do in life besides worrying about me. You've already given up so much. I don't want you to do that again. I'll do better I promise." I grabbed his hands and put them in mine squeezing them as tightly as I could.

He looked at me and smile and nodded. "Just promise me to talk to me more? Even if I'm at work, if it's you, everything can wait, okay?" He said as he brought my hands to his lips and I nodded.

He began to eat and I began to make a plate of my own. I began to tell him about everything that's been going on for the past month. From me and Becks little talks, to even me crushing on his bosses son.

"Tate? Really? I wouldn't have thought that he was your type?" Dad said with a mouth full of grits. I looked over at him questioningly.

"And what exactly would you think my type was?" I said.

"Well, Tate gives off that bad boy player vibe, I thought you'd be more into the sweet heart type. You know kind of like Doc Tyler or Timmothy." He said.

I shrugged my shoulders. He wasn't necessarily my favorite person at first, but he kind of grew on me. "I don't think I have a type really. I think his charm was the thing that got me." I said.

"Ah. That Mancini charm. I've heard a lot about that. I heard that the Mancini boys were like the hottest dude in school. Like total models." He said in a mocking valley girl voice. I laughed.

"Speaking of Mancini's, why aren't you at work? Did you call off just for me??" I said in teasing tone. He rolled his eyes.

"I was going to, but Mr. M told me he didn't want any o the staff on the premises. He said someone snuck in there property and destroyed and vandalized some stuff. So until they find out who it was he doesn't want to put us in harm way. Told ya he was a good guy." Dad said as he got up from his seat.

"How the hell did that happen? Isn't he some big CEO of a security company? How is his own house not secure??" I asked.

"Well he doesn't really need it to be honest. No one ever messes with the Mancini's. They basically own this town. On top of that, every single member of the family is trained in a whole bunch of fighting techniques. They are well respected and feared in the community, so naturally he wouldnt think they'd do anything to harm him or his family. Hell, they hadn't, this is the first time anything like this has happened." He said as he began to wash his plate.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"The night you had an attack. He had called me before I could call him telling me I didn't need to come in. Thankfully, no one was home." He said.

No one was home? Then Tate didn't go home after he dropped me off? Where'd he go? Is this why he was acting like an ass yesterday? But who would threaten the Mancini's at there home like that? Only an idiot would something like that.

"Don't worry too much about it. Mr. Mancini will handle it. Your crush will be fine." Dad said. I rolled my eyes at him.

He left his plate in the sink and walked back over to me. "Make sure you finish your good and take your meds. Then go to sleep. I wasn't gonna say anything before, but you look like hell." He kissed me on the top of my forehead and began to make his way up the steps.

I nodded as I began to get even more lost in my thoughts. As I picked at my food the only thing in my mind was Tate.