pancakes

We stayed up a bit longer watching a whole bunch of movies. We surprising had almost everything in common. We both loved marvel and DC movies and we both agree that cinematically marvel is better. My father literally fight tooth and nail about how DC is better because of Superman and Wonder Woman alone. I love the man, but off that thought alone, he will always be an idiot to me.

We watched one of our favorite marvel movies and one of our favorite DC. For my marvel I chose Black Panther, of course and for my DC I chose The Joker. For her marvel she chose Iron man one and for her DC she chose Superman, but like the really old super man. She was a fan of the classics. I respect that.

I woke up early and made my way to the bathroom. I open the medicine cabinet grabbed what I needed and made my way down stairs while everyone else was sleep. I grabbed me a drink and sealed my meds. I sat down and took a moment to myself.

I'll be honest sometimes I wish I didn't want to live so bad. It would make my life so much easier. But I could never do that to my dad. After all he's done and after all I have endured. I just couldn't.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and made my way to the fridge, pulling out all the things I will need for breakfast. I began pulling out the flour and eggs. I wanted to make my famous brown sugar pancakes with a pinch of cinnamon. It was literally tho only dish I knew how to make.

The sound footsteps grabbed my attention. I looked over at the steps and saw a sleepy Becks. I smiled. She looked adorable in the morning. Her hair was a mess and her eyes were barely open. "Hey there sleepy head. Good morning." I said brightly.

"So this is where you ran off to. It smells amazing." She said in mid yawn. I giggled at her as she scratched her head. "What you making?" She said sleepily.

"Im making my famous brown sugar cinnamon pancakes. It's one of the only meals I really know how to make." I said with a wild smile.

"That sounds amazing. Do you like to cook?" She asked. She sat in the same place I sat last night. She watched my movements closely as I began to speak.

"Sometimes. My dad has been trying to teach me to cook recently since we moved into the house." I really couldn't cook before because we didn't really live in a house before now, but I'm not going to tell her that.

"Never too old to learn how to cook. So what do you put in these pancakes?" She asked.

"Well I get the basic pancake mix. Add an egg. A teaspoon of vanilla. A little cinnamon and nutmeg. With some brown sugar. Honestly, you don't need syrup with these but my dad has a serious sweet tooth." Almost right on cue, the sound of my father loud feet were heard from the stairs.

"Good morning ladies. Do I smell pancakes?" He said as he turned the corner and made his way to the kitchen. He kissed me on the forehead and gave Becks a smile.

"Of course. I have to show of my cooking skills too, especially after the feast we had last night." I said looking at Rebecca. She laughed.

"Feast? You barely ate. You had like two tacos, while me and you dad basically ate a store worth of food," she said jokingly. I shrugged.

"Nemo has always had a small appetite. Not sure who she gets it from because both me and her mother eat like pigs." He said. I flinch at the mention of my mother, I rolled my eyes and tried to keep my attention on the food.

The two of the carried on a conversations about some of there favorite Spanish recipes and began swapping secrets, while I finished up breakfast.

I'm extremely happy that they get along as well as they do. My dad is a private chef, so he love food but sadly, he kind of put his passion on a back burner in order to take of me. It nice to see him light up about his passion again. I smile at the two of them.

"So your a private chef?" Rebecca asked.

"Yep. That's actually the whole reason we moved down here. A family here hired me as there private chef. Well that and the location is really nice."

"What family? I might know of them." She asked.

"Mancini, I believe. I actually start with them sometime this week. I know they have boys around your age, they might go to your school?" He said.

The air in the room stilled and my heart dropped to my ass. Are you fucking kidding me. I turned to see the look on Becks face and I could see how frozen she was in her seat.

"So I'm guessing you two know them?" He said looking at us suspiciously. I knew he was working for a family, but I just didn't know the family name. It just had to be those dumb asses.

"Yeah. I have a history with the Mancini's. You do know there reputation?" She asked.

"Oh the rumors about Mr. Mancini being like some notorious jackass or something. Yeah I know. Sadly, I didn't find out until I got the job and moved here tho. However, when I met him he seemed harmless, so they may just be rumors." He said

She nodded her head, and ended the conversation there. I had set a plate of food in front of each of them. My dads phone began to ring and he picked up his plate and began to leave.

"This is actually the Mr. Mancini now, probably trying set up an exact date on when I can start. I'm gonna make my way to my room so I don't disturb y'all's girl time. Thanks for the food hun." He said before answering the phone and rushing upstairs.

As soon as he left, Rebecca began. " What in the actual fuck? Why didn't you tell me your dad was cooking in the lions den?" She said sharply.

"I didn't know." I said

"How did you not know that your dad was gonna be working for one of the most powerful man in America?" She said.

"We were so busy on the move and signing me up for school and a lot of other personal stuff, that I had completely forgot to ask." I said. It really never crossed my mind to ask.

After we ate, Becks had to be on her way because she had to go to work. I cleaned up the kitchen and washed all the dishes. All I could really think about was the fact that my father was really about to be working with this family. Fir the whole day it was the only thing on my mind. At first I didn't really take the rumors seriously, but now that my dad is working for them.....now I'm a little worried.

I tried doing homework and blasting music to get my kind off of it, but it didn't work. "Nemo?" The sound of my dads voice made me jump.

"Sorry kid I didn't mean to scare you." He said with a weak smile. I shook my head.

"Your fine." I said. He moved over to my pull out bed and sat next to me. "You've been cooped up in your room ever since Rebecca left, what's wrong?" He asked as he moved a strand of my hair from my face.

"Do you really have to work for the Mancini's?" I asked. I don't want to sound like an ass, but I have a really bad feeling about this.

"No, but what else am I supposed to do when your at school. I'd be bored out of my mind. Beside a little extra money never hurt nobody. And like I said, he seems like good people. But I promise, as soon as I get a bad vibe or fear for my safety, I'm outta there." He said with a wide smile.

"Promise?" I tilted my head foreword. He nodded and tilted his head toward mine so the lightly touched. "I promise, Nemo."