| 12 |

W̶e̶ n̶o̶w̶ i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶u̶p̶t̶ o̶u̶r̶ r̶e̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ s̶c̶h̶e̶l̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶d̶
p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ t̶o̶ b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ y̶o̶u̶-̶

W̶e̶ n̶o̶w̶ i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶u̶p̶t̶ o̶u̶r̶ r̶e̶g̶u̶l̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ s̶c̶h̶e̶l̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶d̶ p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ t̶o̶ b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ y̶o̶u̶-̶

Late at night, a figure emerges from his lowlife apartment and into the alleyway that leads from it to the street. It's way past midnight, but although the man barely got any sleep the night before, he's not the least bit tired. Instead, he's angry.

After checking the road for cop cars, he flaps his permanently exposed wings takes to the sky. His wings beat silently even though he flies with urgency. He grits his teeth, thinking about his recent rage and disappointment with the so called League of Villains and their failure to carry out the one mission he wanted done:

Capture Tori Nagawasa and hand her over to him. Was that really so hard for them to succeed at?

I guess that's what I get for trusting a man child. I should have just recovered her by myself.

But then he remembers why he didn't; why he couldn't.

__________

"Asuka. You've been such a good partner and have never caused me any trouble." His master's voice was calm, too calm for his liking after he told him of his plans for the Air Slayer's daughter. "Your wish however is extremely troublesome. Nothing good will come from it if you do it alone. So let my protégée do it for you."

Asuka fumes silently and moves a threatening step closer to his master, as if to oppose his decision, but stops short as he notices the change in the older's face. Even though he barely has a face, he no longer has a neutral façade. He's frowning.

"Must I remind you of who I am? Of what I have done for you? Ever since I rescued you from Tartarus, you pledged your life to me and have been such a great use for my plans." The weight of his glare causes the winged man to stumble back quite a few steps back. "It would be such a shame if your use to me... ran out."

__________

"Damnit," he now curses to himself, then louder. "Damnit!" He could care less about being heard. He's frustrated and his emotions are running wild. He needs to find a way to let it all out and this is the only way he can think to do it other than outright killing someone (which is usually his go to move, except his master forbid him from committing murder tonight because he's more likely to get caught thanks to the League of Villains's exposure and their failed mission).

Gritting his teeth, Asuka speeds up his pace, quickly getting closer and closer to his destination. Once he sees the familiar two story house in sight, his frustration melts. He lets out a sigh and looks towards the driveway, which he finds empty. A grin finds its way onto his face. If he wanted to, he could take Tori with him right now. But his boss's words ring loud and clear in his mind. Another day then.

He hovers in front of the window like he usually does on his nightly visits, then slowly and carefully lands on the balcony of the girl's bedroom. Annoyance irks him as he finds the blinds closed, but some of it melts once catches a sliver of space between them to peer inside

He's met with a familiar sight: his precious beauty sleeping peacefully. His hand travels up to the window, seemingly on its on accord, and presses itself to it.

"Soon my lovely," he whispers. He's gotten so close to the window that his breath fogs the glass. "Soon I will be able to reveal myself to you and take you away from this cruel life. Soon, we will be able to run away and create new lives together. Soon, but not now."