| 15 |

Our day off from school passed by way too quickly. Bored after Shoto left, I spent the remainder of the day learning more useful sign language and after her nap, my mother properly trimmed my hair just past my shoulders.

I fall asleep sometime after ten and wake up at seven like I usually do. After going through my regular routine, I'm surprised to see Mother absent from the dining room with no food in sight. I pause for a moment, glancing around suspiciously before shrugging my shoulders and grabbing a bagel and before I depart from the house.

My mom didn't say anything else about the attack on the USJ. She seemed more concerned about her agency, which apparently had a break in and some information stolen in the process. I don't know how important said intel was nor do I know who broke in; I only found out what I did because I eavesdropped on a phone call Mother was having the night before.

Still, I know how important Mother's agency is to her, but shouldn't her child come before anything else? I sigh at the thought. As if.

I finish my bagel just as I'm walking up to the gates of UA and suddenly all of the memories from two days ago comes rushing back.

Mr. Aizawa. Ms. Mashimo. Thirteen. I wonder how they're doing. I saw Mr. Aizawa and Ms. Mashimo's injuries for myself, but I only heard rumors about how bad Thirteen's were.

I suck in a deep breath as I reach my homeroom. I'll probably be center of attention since I was targeted, but maybe I can make it to the back quietly.

As I open the door, I see that this will be impossible. All eyes are locked on me the second the door closes behind me, even though I purposely used the back door! Although I'm a bit panicked, I hide it behind a calm demeanor.

"Nagawasa!" Imari exclaims. She hops up from her seat in the front of the classroom and skips over to me, where she engulfs me into a short, but warm hug. I stiffen reflexively, but before I can fully react she pulls away.

"Sorry. That was probably awkward. I'm just happy that you're okay," she says, smiling brightly.

I'm suddenly brought back to the day of the attack. I remember the scared look on Imari's face and wonder if she also blames herself for what happened to me. I also can't help but wonder if she was any help to Bakugo and Kirishima wherever they ended up before.

Tuning back into my current surroundings, I hear other voices of relief beginning to pick up, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the attention to name them. "Tori," a calmer voice says. My eyes attach themselves to the owner of the voice: Momo. "How have you been since the attack?"

A small smile slips out of me. Seeing my classmates' concern makes me feel warm inside. It makes me feel like someone — other than Shoto of course — actually cares. I'm about to answer when a harsh voice interrupts me.

"Of course she's okay you idiots. She's not a weak and defenseless child."

I frown at first at being interrupted, but then smirk catching who said it. "Why Bakugo," I start as he snarls at me. "It's nice to see that you have some compassion."

"SHUT UP!"

Snickering a bit, I walk to my assigned seat and sit down just as Iida makes his way to the front of the room. "Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats," he suddenly shouts.