| 16 |

The next week of training with Mother is hell.

I'm training nonstop and like she promised the training is a lot tougher than before, often pushing me past my limit. By this, I mean me coming to school with a barely functioning voice and having to cover my visible bruises with makeup.

Outside of school, I don't see Shoto much. We usually train together, but it seems his father has gone out of his way to make sure we're separated. When I asked Mother about this, she answered with, "He just doesn't want you two learning each other's new tricks. You already know more about each other's Quirks than you should, so he wants to keep what you learn in these next two weeks a secret."

Although I know this wasn't the primary reason why, I just nodded along and agreed. As much as I hate to admit it, Endeavor's crappy excuse is a valid one.

Now it's Friday afternoon and my entire body is aching. Educational classes are finished with, but we still have Battle Training to do.

Usually I'd be looking forward to this part of the day, but today I'm not. Last night during combat training with Mother, I dislocated my knee and was forced to pop it back in place by myself with no instruction from my mother. When I woke up this morning, dark bruises had already started forming on it. Even though I'm wearing a brace, fighting will be very difficult for me today.

When it's time, I follow the girls into the changing rooms to change into our practice outfits. As usual, I make sure change away from them, so I don't arouse suspicion.

I made the mistake of changing in full view of Momo on Monday, momentarily forgetting about my bruises. She rightfully panicked, sputtering about how I should go to Recovery Girl and continuously asking what happened, but I quickly persuaded her to keep quiet and to not tell anyone.

Now, she changes with me so she can cover me just in case anyone comes and sees me in this vulnerable state. After I zip up my practice outfit, we head over to where the rest of the girls are gathered.

"Oh there they are!" Ashido exclaims as she rounds the corner Momo and I just were. The pink girl skips over to us and drags us with her to where the others are dressing. "We were just talking about how our training is coming along."

Momo answers before I can. "Oh really," she pipes up like we hadn't overheard their whole conversation. "Currently, I'm reading up on more useful weapons and material I can make. However, I do admit I need to work more on my combat training."

"Felt that last part," Ashido nods at Momo then turns to me. "How about you Nagawasa?"

"Hmm me?" I ask absentmindedly, holding in the yawn that almost slipped out. These past few days of not getting enough sleep are definitely catching up with me. Momo glances over at me worriedly, most likely wondering if I want her to step in. I give her a reassuring smile. "I've mainly been training in hand to hand combat with my mother. That's all."

"It must be a lot. You always look so tired nowadays," Imari cuts in. She stares concerned, but pointedly at my knee, but says nothing about it.

Having nothing to add to that at first, I just nod. She's not wrong after all. "It is a lot, but the results will be worth it," I finally say. I expect her to push more like she did last time, but Imari keeps her mouth shut this time.