| 3 |

Seven tests later, the class gathers in the front of the gym building to get our scores. The tests weren't that difficult, but there were definitely ones where a few students stood out more than others.

I glance thoughtfully behind me where Midoriya is. He sure made the class eventful. I look down at his broken index finger and scrunch my face in confusion. How has he had his quirk for this long and still isn't able to control it?

I shake my head look and back at Bakugo. The way he reacted to Midoriya made it seem like there was something else going on. I smile a bit, remembering the way Bakugo stormed over to Midoriya threatening him. He's got some anger issues, but I can relate to that. Mr. Aizawa's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Alright time to give you your results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list, it's not worth going over each individual score."

Here it is. The person ranked last is going to be expelled. But I'm sure we all know who that's gonna be.

As the list is revealed, it doesn't take me long to find my name. I'm ranked in 4th place behind Bakugo and in front of Iida. The 1st place ranker is kind of surprising, but as the other student who got in on recommendation it makes sense. I recall her from the entrance exam and she made pretty good use of her Quirk. Now that I'm remembering her more clearly, I actually remember taking a liking towards Momo Yaoyorozu.

Going down the list, in last place is who we all expected: Midoriya. Despite the fact that it was unavoidable, I can't help but feel bad for him. Everyone here wants to be a hero and this is the best school to become one. He just got his chance snatched right from under him.

His expected misery makes me want to give up my place to him and be expelled in his place.

"And I was lying, no one's going home." We all stare dumbfounded at the male teacher.

Seriously? After all of the students you've expelled? There has to be a reason. So, what's so special about Midoriya?

"That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests," Mr. Aizawa says with a mischievous smile.

I hear a surprised squeal; most likely belonging to Midoriya. Then I hear, "I'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out. I'm sorry, I guess I probably should've said something."

Now, this makes me smile. While the rest of the class, minus Shoto, are looking at girl who spoke, aka Yaoyorozu, with annoyance, I'm trying my best not to snicker aloud even though I myself didn't know of Mr. Aizawa's fib.

I really like her.

"That's it, we're done for the day. Pick up a syllabus in the classroom and read it over before tomorrow morning," Mr. Aizawa orders, and after handing Midoriya a pass to the nurses office, he leaves.

However, our female intern stays for a bit. She smiles lightly and let's out a small chuckle. "Sorry about him, he's not the easiest teacher to have." At this most of the students nod. A few even groan aloud. "However, despite all of the surprises, you all did very well." Her smile is kind and her violet eyes brighten with pride.