Chapter XII: Itadori's Alive?

"How is he alive

"How is he alive..?"

You asked Satoru, once the two of you finished your dance session. "I'm not so sure either, I'm guessing his will to live was just too powerful for Sukuna to ignore." He held your waist, making sure you wouldn't fall, as he sat you back down on the hospital bed. "Tell me more Satoru, tell me everything." You spoke, as you held both of his hands into yours. He gave you smile, knowing he could never resist your puppy doe eyes.

"Of course. How could I ever resist you, honey?"

"(Y/N)-San warned them, she made sure that fighting wasn't an option for any of them

"(Y/N)-San warned them, she made sure that fighting wasn't an option for any of them. And that their only options were either to run, or they'll suffer the consequences and they'll die.. I made sure to warn them as well." Kiyotaka explained to Gojo, both of his hands intertwined with each other in front of him, avoiding Gojo's gaze by staring at the floor. 

"It was intentional."

Kiyotaka lifted his head up to look at Gojo, in confusion. "Huh? What do you mean?" Gojo sucked his breath in, before releasing a frustrated sigh. "They knew it was a special grade, and I'm sure (Y/N) sensed it as well at the Detention Center. Sending the first years to rescue five detainees who may or may not have been alive, along with (Y/N) who hasn't been out in the field for years now- should've been out of the question.

Gojo scratched the back of his head, "(Y/N) hasn't been an active Jujutsu Sorcerer for years, she quit and became a teacher. I knew that the fact that they assigned her to this mission, was odd. She's out of practice, those higher-ups knew she wasn't going to stand a chance against a special grade, even if she is a grade 1 sorcerer." He put his both his hands up to his hair, as he ruffled it out of frustration. 

"She's not weak."

He felt his eye twitch under the blindfold, his blood boiling in anger. "She was one of the strongest sorcerers I knew of when we both went to school here, hell, she caught me off guard several times when we sparred." His face contorted in annoyance, "I'm the reason Itadori Yuji's execution was suspended indefinitely and I knew for a fact there were going to be several higher-ups that wouldn't like that, so they decided to take advantage of my absence." He slammed his hand on the bench that he was sitting on, before continuing his venting to Kiyotaka.