Chapter XXXIV: ただいま

The two lovers cuddled on the small hospital bed, not that either of them minded- Satoru was just gleaming over the fact (Y/N) was finally awake

The two lovers cuddled on the small hospital bed, not that either of them minded- Satoru was just gleaming over the fact (Y/N) was finally awake. Just when she thought the kiss attacks were over, Satoru would lean over to her face and give her more butterfly kisses, making her giggle. Then he would pause to take a good look at his lover, he'd press his forehead against hers, the warm breath he breathed out against her lips made the young girl's cheeks feel warm. She'd breath out his name in a hushed whisper, before Satoru's lips gently made contact with hers.

When he pulled away, he'd do the same thing he did before and just stare at her. As if he was studying ever inch of her face behind that blindfold, memorizing every slight crease, every lash on her eyelashes- afraid that she'll be taken away from him again. "(Y/N), I-.." Then the hospital room door slid open, the two lovers looked to see who it was and it was Shoko. "(Y/N).. Y.. You're awake!" Her eyes lit up, as if she was staring at alcohol, specifically Juyondai 'Ryuu No Otoshiko' Daiginjo Nama Sake. She dropped the paperwork she was holding unto at a nearby counter, before running up to her friend. Shoko pushed Satoru off the bed, as she wrapped her arms around the newly awoken woman. 

"Hey Shoko! That's my girlfriend-!" 

Before he could even utter anymore words towards Shoko, the woman with the doctor's coat grabbed a pillow off of the bed and threw it at his face. With Gojo's infinite active, it didn't even hit him, but it still left him with his mouth agape open. "Honeyyyy! Shoko's bullying me!" He whined, trying to reach up a hand to tug on his lover's sleeve, only to have Shoko slap his hand away. "Shoko!" He whined, huffing, as he crossed his arms in front of his chest- eventually standing up and seating on a sit by the bed. 

Shoko pulled away to look at the raven haired woman, smiling happily, until her face faltered. The woman wearing the doctor's coat frowned, eyeing her friend's stomach. "It's okay, Shoko." She smiled, reaching for Shoko's hands and holding them in hers. Satoru stiffened up as well, realizing what they were addressing, even without speaking of the actual topic itself directly. "Sato already told me. I think it'll feel weird for awhile, but I'm also glad it didn't happen later on.. You know.. When the baby's fully formed." Shoko frowned, even if she's never been pregnant before, she could only imagine the regret the raven haired girl felt.