XV: A Trip Down Memory Lane

"Thank you

"Thank you."

(Y/N) mumbled quietly, as she walked beside Satoru while they were leaving the cemetery. Satoru smiled, looking up at the sky. "What is there to be thankful for?" The young woman reached for his hand, as she intertwined their fingers together. "Thank you for going with me to my parent's and brother's gravestone.. And for making sure to ask for permission from my father." You blushed, gulping down your nervousness, before you looked away from him. Satoru chuckled beside you, as you felt him give your intertwined hands, a squeeze.

"I only did what I felt was right."

That's right, regardless of his child-like facade, Satoru Gojo is still a man. Even when he used to have almost zero respect towards his elders, even your parents at one point, he eventually learned the hard way that he'll have to learn how to respect your parents. "Where are we headed off to now, (Y/N)?" You gave him a soft smile, "We're headed to my family home, we're already close to it. Why not just go ahead and visit?" He nodded, unfazed, his gaze still fixed on the path ahead of him.

Eventually the two of you arrived at the front gates of your family home. The house was empty, yet, it was as if time never ticked. It was clean, and was well-kept as if there was still a family that lived within its premises. You turned to Satoru, "So, you've decided to keep my family house clean after all these years?" He grinned back down at you, while he used his free hand to scratch the back of his head. "Aren't I just the most thoughtful person you know, my sweet?" You rolled your eyes at him, as you tugged on his hand that you were holding unto and pulled him in through the gates of your home. 

As soon as you entered the gates, you turned your attention to a small pond used to house koi fishes, now all that was left was the sound bamboo water fountain pouring water into the pond

As soon as you entered the gates, you turned your attention to a small pond used to house koi fishes, now all that was left was the sound bamboo water fountain pouring water into the pond. You remember it as if it was yesterday, when Satoru Gojo and (Y/N) were sparring outside of the the dojo. It was such a peaceful morning, you were having tea on the engawa, which was essentially a porch or a sunroom that goes around the entire building of a Japanese home. Until Satoru Gojo decided out of the blue to appear in front of you and bully you, first thing in the morning.