Chapter XLVII: Hanahaki

Splish

Splish.. Splash..

(Y/N) fluttered her eyes open, being awoken by the sound of water trickling down, creating a 'splish-splash' sound. She propped herself up, noticing that she was in a place that was filled with complete darkness. It was quiet and desolate, except for the water that trickled down from up above. Furrowing her eyebrows together, she stood up. 

Rather than being confused and a little anxious, she now had a goal in mind. She was well aware that she was now inside of her dream, this was the only way she'll be able to have a proper conversation with him. Using her heightened hearing, she no longer needed her sight and simply used her auditory perception to look for the area. She kept walking until the sound was exactly in front of her, (Y/N) opened her eyes and to her surprise, she was met with that same man that once haunted her dreams when she was in a coma. 

"To what do I owe the honor of your visit?" 

The cursed presence grinned at her, a young man with long silver hair with a hint of purple tied in a low ponytail, his crimson eyes attentive of your every move. "I've read my ancestor's written records of you, the nameless curse who plagued the Earth with its tricks."  The silver haired man grinned, content with the woman's answer. "So you're well aware of who I am." Only for that grin to be wiped off his face, due to her next comment. "And I'm aware of how you were in love with a distant grandmother of mine."

She watched amusingly as his eyebrows furrowed, and his lips pursing into a thin line. "What do you want?" He spoke more sternly, "Your help." She simply answered. "Do you not remember what I spoke of last time?" She tilted her head to the side, amused by how the mention of her distant grandmother has tickled his nerve. "Do you mean the comment you made about Geto Suguru, and how 'I'm quite perceptive'? I'm aware. But you're tied to our family, you're under our jurisdiction. After all, you were the one that made that deal with my grandmother." She smirked, earning a scoff from the curse. 

"I know what you're asking of me, Hanasaki (Y/N). You're asking me to copy Hana Kurusu's cursed technique." He crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Are you well aware of the consequences?" Now it was her turn to purse her lips into a thin line, taking a deep breath in, as her chest became filled with air. "You can die. Especially if you're caught in battle, you won't have enough cursed energy to get yourself out of there." His expression was one that she couldn't read, as he observed her for any micro-expression- but there was none to read. "Sure, let's say we copy Hana Kurusu's technique. Use that technique even momentarily, and consider your own techniques nullified. You won't have enough time for her techniques to wear off, nor do you have time to recover the cursed energy you just lost- especially not in the battlefield. It's risky and-" He tried reasoning with her, but she cut him off with a simple statement, accepting her fate.

 It's risky and-" He tried reasoning with her, but she cut him off with a simple statement, accepting her fate

"I know." 

He wasn't sure what to feel exactly, after all, her grandmother had asked him to take care of her future ancestors. Sure, he'd give them the little test of putting them in a coma, see if they'll last- but at the end of the day, he did genuinely care for the family. If he didn't, he wouldn't have stayed this long tied down to the family that lacked heirs with cursed energy. He still remembered it like it was yesterday, her last words.

"Hanahaki, promise me." She held his hand within her dream, on the verge of death. "Promise me you'll take care of my family, keep them from harms way." He frowned at the woman that gave him his name, ".. Don't do this.." He remembered whimpering to her, begging her not to leave. To which she could only smile at him, eyes creasing as she smiled- showing the wrinkles that have developed throughout the years. 

"Let's meet again in a different life, Hanahaki

"Let's meet again in a different life, Hanahaki. A life where the two of us can be together."

His love wasn't unrequited, despite the name she gave him. Yet, it felt like it was. After all, she got to marry another man, maybe one she didn't love romantically- but still. In a world where curses and humans couldn't live side-by-side, what more to a curse that fell in love with a human. It was hell watching her marry another man, as he lived within her, only able to meet her in her dreams. But, he did promise her, and he's bound to keep his promise. 

"(Y/N). I'll help you, but you have to do something for me." One of her eyebrows raised, curious to what his proposition was. "Exorcise me, after the deed is done." Now that surprised the young woman, but she understood his reasons behind it. After hundreds of years serving the family, silently protecting those with no cursed energy in the family- he just wanted to be with the one he loved most. She wasn't sure what exactly came to the curses that have been exorcised mercifully, but she hopes that he will get to finally have the peace he's been seeking for. 

"It's a deal

"It's a deal."

━━━━━━━━ 

As always,

Peace ❤