Chapter XLIX: Relief & Heartache

Death, perhaps it came too soon

Death was never uncommon in the Jujutsu world, it was extremely common to the point it was almost sickening. In a way, you knew that eventually, it was going to be you. That you were going to be nothing more than one of those that are now buried at the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College Cemetery, you always knew. One day time will eventually catch up with you, and the time left for you to live will run out.

So why were you so surprised, as you laid there on the concrete floor, all alone. You set yourself up for this, what were you thinking releasing that technique. That's right.. It was to buy more time. But now here you were, unable to heal from the wounds you've sustained in a battle that resembled very much like a tango with a man that you once knew. His heart and soul once pure, but you watched him slowly lose himself in a delusion that could never be. A world without the so called "monkeys"? What kind of world would that be...

You felt your chest heave up and down, as you took in those shallow and pointless breaths- feeling the trickle of blood spill on the sides of your mouth. You always knew, yet, you often wished for more time. Just a minute more for you to spend with those you loved, a minute more to say goodbye to everyone, just one minute to be able to say the words that you've always procrastinated on saying and now regret that you never got to say them.

 Just a minute more for you to spend with those you loved, a minute more to say goodbye to everyone, just one minute to be able to say the words that you've always procrastinated on saying and now regret that you never got to say them

A minute more to say that you loved him more than he could ever imagine.

Tears trickled down the creases of your eyes, but you weren't exactly sure why you were crying. Perhaps it's a mixture of anger, pain, regret, but most of all- knowing that those who loved you will shed their tears for you. That was the one thing you never wanted, you didn't want to leave them knowing the bitterness will linger in the atmosphere, that they will all wonder 'why it had to be you'. Because you knew well of those feelings, you were always the one standing in a black attire, as you watched your friends be buried six feet under- and you had those exact thoughts.

How beautiful it is, that the last thing you would get to see would be the stars that you and Satoru once stargazed at. Your lower lip quivered, as you felt your limbs go numb. Was this how you would die? To slowly lose the sensation on feet that once gave you the strength to stand against the odds, and to lose the sensation of the fingers that once ran through your lover's hair, as you watched him peacefully sleep on your lap. You felt your heart race as you panicked, terrified of what came after.