Chapter XXX: Wasureta (忘れた)

The two of you stood in front of your dorm room, thinking about it, did you even have the key to this room? "What are you waiting for, (Y/N)?" You reached in your pocket, as if it was second nature and as if you knew that the key was going to be t...

The two of you stood in front of your dorm room, thinking about it, did you even have the key to this room? "What are you waiting for, (Y/N)?" You reached in your pocket, as if it was second nature and as if you knew that the key was going to be there and pulled it out. (Y/N) put the key into the keyhole, twisting it and unlocking the door. The two of you went inside of the small and humble dormitory, after removing both of your shoes. Satoru walked straight to the window, observing the howling storm outside.

"It's really coming down out there." You walked towards the small kitchen in your dorm to grab yourself a bottle of water, when you suddenly felt an ominous presence behind you. "Boo." A hot breath whispered against her ear, which caused for her to jolt in surprise. She yelped, as she felt arms wrap around her waist. A deep and soft chuckle could then be heard soon after, as (Y/N) saw a glimpse of white locks pressed against her shoulder. "Sorry, my Kikufuku. I couldn't help myself." He murmured, the vibrations of his vocal cords could clearly be felt against her shoulder. She felt her cheeks become flushed, it was such a sweet moment, but it was cut short, as (Y/N) heard that voice that's been haunting her ever since she woke up on the green field.

"Hanasaki (Y/N)

"Hanasaki (Y/N).. My beautiful k.. kikufuku.. Please wake up. I miss you so much, it's been days, please come back to me. I'll do anything you say.. J..Just p.. please.."

The voice echoed within the young girl's dormitory, but Satoru seemed unbothered by it, as if he couldn't hear the man's broken voice. Why did it sound so familiar? She knew that voice, but who's voice was it? Why did her heart clench when his voice broke, why did it hurt so much? "What's wrong, (Y/N)? Did I really scare you that badly? I'm sorry." She turned around and got a better look at Satoru, "Satoru, how old are you?" He blinked in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows together. "(Y/N)? I'm nineteen and you're seventeen, don't you remember?" It sounded wrong, this didn't feel right.

Looking dead straight into Satoru's sapphire orbs, that hid themselves behind his dark-rimmed glasses. A glimpse of an unfamiliar memory flashed into your head, "You can fix everything (Y/N), I know you can.. But you can't fix this, not this time." It was Suguru, even in his final moments he smiled at you, the same kind eyes he always had plastered on his face- before he spiraled down into insanity. (Y/N)'s breath hitched, upon the realization there was something extremely wrong about this whole ordeal. The rain outside her window fell harder unto the ground, the wind howling harshly and slamming unto her window- threatening to force her dormitory window's open.